Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > The new schoolastic year    

The new schoolastic year

Teacher Khalid
Jordan

The new schoolastic year

Hello my colleagues

The new scholastic year has just begun in my home - Jordan_
So it would be so useful if you all indifferent countries tell us about your preparations for the new year for example the plans and so on

best regards

11 Sep 2009      

mariannina
Italy

Hello Khalid, Where I teach (San Felice Circeo, near Rome) the school started today with the first graders (6 year old kids). We welcomed them with songs, various activities, games and finally they coloured and cut out the decorations for their classrooms. On Monday all the other children will come (they are 7 to 10-11 year old kids) and the school year will officially start.
I prepared my school year plan on the basis of the Common European Framework of reference for languages, issued bye the Council of Europe. But my "teaching style" is based on the lines of the Cambridge University YLE (young learners of English) that privilege the communicative approach to the foreign language.
Besides, every week, I meet all the teachers of the classes where I teach to share experiences and ideas and to talk about the students.
Do you do the same in your Country?
CiaoBig smile

11 Sep 2009     

miss manal
Tunisia

HI KHALED
HERE IN TUNISIA WE STARTED SCHOOL ON 22 SEPTEMBER AFTER AID
AND HERE EVERY TEACHER HAS HIS WAY FOR THE FIRST DAY BUT AS USUAL THE STUDENTS INTRODUCE THEMSELVES BUT IN MY OPINION THE MAJORITY OF STUDENTS DON �T LIKE ENGLISH
GOODNIGHT

12 Sep 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Miss Manal
How dare you say "HERE....THE MAJORITY OF STUDENTS DON �T LIKE ENGLISH"????

12 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Khalid - we are nearing the end of our school year.  We have only two weeks left of our term 3 and then we just have one more term to go before our summer break.

Brahim-  did you mean to write: Miss Manal - why did you say (or what do you mean by)  "here....the majority of students don �t like English"????

Cheers

Jayho

12 Sep 2009