Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > phonetic script    

phonetic script

yetigumboots
Germany

phonetic script

Hi Guys, Does anyone know where/how I can download a phonetic script writer in order to write sentences in phonetics?
Thanks Yeti xx

13 Sep 2009      

Isabel L
Spain

I use this one and it works very well. I hope you find it useful.

13 Sep 2009     

serene
Greece

Hi Yeti! Wanted to ask the same question too.

Useful link, Isabel! Thank you!

13 Sep 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks Isabel, that �s fab. xxx   Yeti xx

13 Sep 2009     

Faurfab
France

I use this one if it can help you : http://www.e-lang.co.uk/mackichan/call/pron/type.html
Nice day!
Fabienne

13 Sep 2009     

mjotab
Spain

I have just downloaded this program, PhoTransEdit 1.4
It lets you write phonetic symbols and it does something better: it creates the transcription if you write a text in English. I have only tested it for two hours but it seems that it works all right.

This is what I got from this text:

ɪt lets ju raɪt fəˈnetɪk ˈsɪmblz ənd ɪt dəz ˈsʌmθɪŋ ˈbetə ɪt kriːˈeɪts �ə tr�nˈskrɪpʃn ɪf ju raɪt ə tekst ɪn ˈɪŋglɪʃ aɪ həv ˈəʊnli ˈtestɪd ɪt fə tuː ˈaʊəz bət ɪt siːmz �ət ɪt wɜːks ɔːl raɪt

13 Sep 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks mjotab, I will try your progam. I tried Isabels, which I was really excited about, until I tried to copy and past into my word document and then it went funny. Does that mean I have to install a font on Word?? I am not very good with computers.. I will try to download your program and see if that is any better.
Thanks to all of you for aour help. Greetings from Germany Yeti xx

14 Sep 2009     

mjotab
Spain

I didn �t install anything. I hope it will be of use to you too :)

14 Sep 2009