Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help! very little kid..    

Help! very little kid..

silpont
Argentina

Help! very little kid..

Hi nice teachers! how r u?. I hope u r great!. i wanted to tell u that nexty week I ll be having a 3 year old student. In fact, I have worked with 3 year old kids at kindergarten as well as 4 and 5 year old ones, but this little one is a private student, and we will be having one hour class at home. Do you have any suggestions for me to take into account?, or any site to visit and see if I can find nice pictures?. I have many flashcards at home,as well as puppets, but as I stopped working with such young students I feel Im not as trained as I used to be. Can you recommend any cds or movies for such little ones? It is a long time since I last sang  songs at kindergarten!Embarrassed
Many thanks for being so helpful! I do appreciate ur help!
Huge hugs to all! Hug
Love
Silvi

18 Sep 2009      

missveronica
Argentina

Just a question, dont mean to be rude, if you think shes too little, why are you going to teache her?

18 Sep 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

her age is Ok. I �ve been teaching English to my nephew since he was born!! I speak in English all the time with him so as to train his ear. He �s 4 now and we use the British Council for kids. There are a lot of stories with audio, games, etc. Try to use internet, she will be trained in another skill and will be computer literate..her parents would be grateful. PAULA

18 Sep 2009     

Missy
Canada

Would it be cheating to show her videos? I teach adults and many have young children who speak English beautifully. When I ask how did the child learn so quickly I always hear  " He/she loves to watch cartoons."  I would show her a short video and then draw her favourite character  and try to learn some words. Just a thought.

18 Sep 2009     

Motivator Tech
Egypt

Hi Silvi,

* Watching catroons is good and then talk a bit about some charachers in that shot movie such as; (A) is black or white? (you can also show color cards to help)... (A) is big or small? (show gesture with child both hands) ....after you get the answer... watch again and ask the same questions.

* If you have a 2 sets of flash cards... choose five sets and spread cards with pictures side down... then together try to match pairs of cards and say the name of each picture till you do them all. Apple/apple.

*Action songs work too.

18 Sep 2009     

ag23
Argentina

Hi Silvi!
 This is a page for little kids, but I don �t know if it will be suitable for yours. I hope so!.

!http://web.educastur.princast.es/proyectos/nea/nea_english/index.html#

18 Sep 2009     

grikoga
Poland

Magic English is great, try Playway 1 ( a fantastic book by Cambridge )

18 Sep 2009     

miss_yanis
Argentina

YOu can also use a cd called: AMAPOLA- singing in the kinder - It �s great cause it has all the songs the kids know already such as the wheels on the bus, five little monkeys, the ants go marching, etc...

Or else I can send you some songs I have used with the little ones. What  I used to do was preparing animated stories taht had to do with a song. so, I first told them the story and we learnt the lyrics in the meantime, and then, we could sing the song together.

There are many games you can play too, kids usually love memory games with vocabulary flashcards, and the last 15 or 20 minutes, a written work (a picture to colour listening to the vocabulary, something to draw, or match). try to use different techniques so that he doesn �t get bored always colouring with pencils...

Just some thoughts, hope you find them useful! :)

Good Luck!

Miss Yanis

18 Sep 2009     

silpont
Argentina

Many thanks to you all!!!! you have been very helpful and kind to me!
I ll take all these ideas into account!. Great!
Thanks again!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs!Hug
Silvi.

19 Sep 2009