Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Provide support to each other!    

Provide support to each other!

marta v
Serbia

Provide support to each other!

Dear colleagues!

We all enjoy the cooperation, support and mutual practical help that we get from this site, so it would be really courteous of all its members to at least write �Thanks � to the people whose work we �re using. It literally takes seconds but means a great deal to all of us. I see hundreds of downloads for certain worksheets, and many times only up to ten comments - that �s a shame (in both senses)! And thanks to all those who regularly write encouraging comments!

Have a great weekend!
Marta

18 Sep 2009      

alyonushka145
Kazakhstan

Hello, dear Marta!
I am totally agree with you,
to my shame I alo sometimes forget to thank those, whose works I download,
but you are right,
thanks for this comment!
all the best!

18 Sep 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Marta,

You are saying  the absolute truth. Comments make us really happy and kind of rewarded. I do really read the teachers � comments on my worksheets several times. I can �t describe the joy and comfort I feel. In addition to the good feeling you get, the comments help evaluate your work and see who liked it and who will use it in their classrooms. It builds stronger relationship between the teachers here.

So,  next time you download any material , write  a word of gratitide, " Thank you." Believe me,  it really means a lot and boosts more confidence and progress.

All the best,
Nebal

18 Sep 2009     

sharon f
Israel

Dear Marta, alyonushka and Nebal,

You are definitely right! Saying a simple "thank you" is a must when taking someone else �s work. It �s a basic rule in social manners. It means a lot to the authors and encourages them to work harder.

Have a great weekend,
Sharon

18 Sep 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

Is it true that in certain countries the words for "thank you" and "please" are rarely used?
They are so important in the English world.

18 Sep 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

You �re so right but I �m afraid loads of people just don �t care. After reading Marta �s message I had a look at my newest uploads: 44 download - 3 thank yous ; 54 downloads - 4 thank yous. I �ve already got used to this but for many people, especially newbies it may be so discourageing Disapprove

And bill2joy: Unfortunately it �s true that in some countries people don �t use "Thank you" and "please" very much. I �m from the Czech Republic but I lived 3 years in London and since than use these two magic words very often. And I �ve met people around me who smile to my politeness. They just can �t understand why I ask and thank for everything and several times I was told that because of doing it I look stupid. Sad, isn �t it?

Hugs, Michaela

18 Sep 2009     

Zora
Canada

@Bill2joy

Yes, in some countries "Please and Thank you" are not used as often as in English speaking countries. My boyfriend (now ex) used to think I was crazy for saying thank you when people did things for me that were there jobs.. like thanking a waiter or a cashier...

In fact, even now when I go into a coffee shop and say "please" - I am often told that "Without a please, will work too.." by the server...

18 Sep 2009     

miss_yanis
Argentina

hahaha! I agree with you Zora, not everyone understands the meaning of those two words (please and thanks)

When I first met my husband, and I went to his house, I usually asked for permission to go to the bathroom or open the fridge! And of course I said please and thanks all the time! Until one day... my mother-in-law told me she found that irritating, and I stopped doing so. LOL!

And I generally say please and thanks wherever I go, even to people who moves away for me to pass, or sellers, bankers, students when they hand in ther hw.... it �s really funny how studying a language also makes you aquire their culture...

Like "Barney" (the purple dinousaur) says in one of its songs: PLease and thanks, powerful words!

Kisses!

Miss Yanis

18 Sep 2009     

epit
Turkey

I agree with all of you .Several days ago as I couldn �t thank everyonewhose worksheet I downloaded ,I  felt ashamed and I started a new topic and I wrote  general thank you note Iagree it was not a good way and soon after somebody warned me and told me write comment seperately for each one. I �m writing and reading comments but I see the same things  It is true that is  better than not writing at all ,but can �t we add something different in positive way .?                Best Regards

18 Sep 2009     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam

Well, i never bothered about how many points i got as much as i look at the comments. It really feuls my creativety and encourages me to design more ws and share more of what i have.

Take care
Ahlam

18 Sep 2009