Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your ideas    

I need your ideas

thuyduong
Vietnam

I need your ideas

I �m going to tutor a boy who is going to go abroad in an English speaking country. My mission is teaching him to use at least English in daily conversations. He is now in grade 10 (in Vietnam) and he doesn �t know so much English.
So, how can I teach such a student? I don �t have any experience. Can you help me to have some teaching ideas?
 Thank you so much!

19 Sep 2009      

lillizen
Brazil

I really think you should choose a book to teach him.

Unfortunately, I don �t usually teach kids, so I can �t tell you what would be a book for this age group. :S

Maybe you could take a llok at Oxford �s site for ideas: http://www.oxford.co.kr/

Also, Oxford has great free online materials. You can use online activities during class to complement your lessons.

Ah! Also, I have some free downloadable exercises in my own blog. If you would like to take a look, please, visit:
http://lillizen.wordpress.com/exercises/

Good luck! :)

Lilli Zen.

19 Sep 2009     

Maja O.
Poland

Hi there,

In my opinion you should think about the most common everyday situations and prepare the lessons by a particular subject. For example : At the shop - first you can talk about different types of shops, the things you can buy there, then you can focus on the most important phrases you need to buy someting and at last to practice it through role plays �etc.

I �m sure the most needed materials you can find on this web.

Good luck,

Maja

19 Sep 2009