Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help!    

I need your help!

Naty1776
Argentina

I need your help!

Hi dear teachers! I have uploaded a ws which I have minimized because it has a lot of pictures. When I open this document I can see my work, but when I uploaded it I only can see letters. Do you know why it is? I mean, I�d like you to see my work and I�m afraid that you only can see letters. Do you understand what I mean?
Thank you in advance!
Love and hugs,
Naty

20 Sep 2009      

Jayho
Australia

Hi Naty1776

In my preview it looks corrupt - just lots of little squares and squiggles.  Members are unlikely to open something that looks corrupt.

Why don �t you try uploading it again?

Cheers

Jayho

21 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

It seems like computer glitch or something... Try to CHECK the version of Windows - your document must be Word 2002. The problem may be caused by "minimizing process"...
Try to click on update button, upload a version without / with few pics ... Do not upload the minimized version as it seems to cause troubles...
I am sure your ws is an interesting text, so why not share the right text only...
We don �t mind to download pure text...

PS:
THE PREVIEW looks horrible and I so I downloaded it - and I saw 2-paged worksheet consisting of 9 fill in sentences and 9 pics... and Key on page 2 - Is it all what should be there?
Not many exercises, but looks fine when downloaded...

RESIZING - MINIMIZING - the best way is to WORK WITH SINGLE PICTURES B-E-F-O-R-E you INSERT THEM INTO WORD DOCUMENT. There are hundreds of resizing programs
- my favourite free program is Free Photo Converter
It resizes MANY PICS in few seconds - it can resize a FOLDER full of pics...
Very good and easy to use!!!
IF you work with Free Photo Converter,  you can make your ws full of hundred of small pics and still you don �t reach the 300 kB limit ! :-D
http://www.pixelapp.com/Free-Photo-Converter.htm

21 Sep 2009     

Naty1776
Argentina

Thanks Jayho and Moravc! I will download the Free Photo converter and I will try it again!
Thanks for your help! It�s the first time I use a converter! I think that I have made something wrong!
I will try again! Because to make this ws took me a lot of time! And I�d like to enjoy it!
Moravc, What you described is my ws. I have created 9 sentences with different tenses, 9 pictures to match and the key on the second page!
I will try it again!
Thanks a lot!
Love, Naty

21 Sep 2009