Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > My PM still doesn ´t work    

My PM still doesn ´t work

MarionG
Netherlands

My PM still doesn ´t work

Hi everybody,
As I posted a while ago, my PM doesn ´t work. I would hate to think people who sent me PM ´s in the past think me rude or indifferent for not answering.. I simply never got any PM ´s. I think it never worked.
I have tried to contact Victor for help (both thru gmail and thru his PM) but I don ´t seem to get thru to him. I also feel a bit bad for bothering him with this, he probably has thousands of mails to deal with....
So my question is as follows; Does anyone here have an idea how to fix my PM?
Maybe some of the people here are so computer-able that they can help?
And again I apologize if any of you ever sent a PM and got no reply... I simply never knew you wrote me...
Marion

21 Sep 2009      

Aimee/S.
Israel

I ´m sorry to hear that it ´s still not fixed, Marion! Perhaps you could try change your username? It may "trigger" your pm to work...

But perhaps it would be better to wait for more ideas...

Keep me informed and again, best of luck!

21 Sep 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Marion

I am almost sure that this problem come from you username. Exactly from that "  " (space) between marion and g. Is it a blank space or an underscore "_"?
I remember sending PMs to some members and receiving an error message stating that there is no member with such username (nothing to do with PM blocking where we receive the message "You can´t send a message to this member").

I would suggest you to change your username by deleteing that space and any space before or after the username, but I am scared because there is a very weak possibilty you can ´t access your account afterwards. It happened to some one before but only one as afar as I know.
So my final suggestion is that you PM or email Victor to look to it.

PS: What I state above is on the basis that you can send but not receive PMs.

Hope it could make things a little more clear.

Regards!

21 Sep 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

I think blank spaces may cause the problem. Hence, my question.
All those I got the problem with had space(s) in their usernames. Thus, either you delete the space or leave it when sending a message the name is not recognized.

At least this is my own experience. It may not be the case for everybody.

21 Sep 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi all,
I have already checked my username for empty spaces but that didn ´t seem to help (between marion and the g there is indeed an underscore, not an empty space)
I now have new hope Victor will be able to help me. I understood he simply wasn ´t around for a few days so maybe he will get around to answering my request for help.
He probably has got a lot on his plate after a few days of not being around, so I ´m not writing him again just now. I just hope nobody is writing me PM ´s for now. I never missed it, I just assumed it is not a very often used tool... I don ´t really feel I need it but I would hate to think people did send me messages and I didn ´t respond....
Marion

21 Sep 2009