Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > European Day of Languages     

European Day of Languages

Timar Marika
Romania

European Day of Languages

Hello everyone

We celebrate the European Day of Languages on the 26th of September in our school and we are asked to organise activities to celebrate this event. Last year for example I asked my students to draw and name objects in all the languages they know; there was also a competiition: students had to learn as many greeting formulas as they could. This year nothing comes into my mind, so I would like to ask for your help. Does anyone have any good ideas? Thanks in advance!�

21 Sep 2009      

donapeter
Romania

Hi!
This topic was started by different users last week. I found a very interesting thread here: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=11671. Silke had a great idea and I think I will use it next week.

Hope it helps you, too.
D

21 Sep 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Hi, I have a song and some activities to do, if you want I can send them to you.
Ciao

21 Sep 2009     

veraviana
Portugal

Hi mariannina! Could you send me that song and those activities too? Thanks in advance. ^__^
Hugs,
Vera

21 Sep 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

Hi Mariannina!!! Could you please send me the song and the activities too? I would really appreciate it! Kisses, Cecilia

21 Sep 2009     

mariannina
Italy

With pleasure, but pm me your e-mail
Ciao

21 Sep 2009     

maayyaa
Slovenia

Heya,

at my school we �ll have a short radio programme where the kids will read a short text in different languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese- I think it �ll be Cantonese, but I �m no expert -  and Slovenian of course).

Classes will (and have already) prepared posters on different countries where the above mentioned languages are spoken and we created little vocabulary cards we put all around the school, so children can learn how different objects that they see every day are called in different languages.

My class also prepared vocabulary cards to show differences in English language itself (e.g. BrE vs. AmE) and those are displayed on a board in a hall.

Most of these are not really activities we �d do on the spot as we created them over time, but maybe you get ideas from the post...

21 Sep 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Is there any French speaking person who could help translate this:
My name is .... 
I come from France.
What is your name?
Do you speak English?

Donapeter, thanks for the link to the languages tread! Silke, your idea is simply outstanding! A couple of years ago I did something similar, but only using �Hello � . Kids wrote it in different languages on A4 paper, decorated them and we stuck them on a big board. It looked nice.
I am going to use Silke �s idea - Big Thanks to everyone who helped with the translation in the tread http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=11671 !

Have a calm evening / morning / afternoon / night!
Gabitza

21 Sep 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

You can find lots of ideas here http://edl.ecml.at/
Go to > About the day > Get inspired

21 Sep 2009