Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The Word " Studying" is??? Just for Fun!!    

The Word " Studying" is??? Just for Fun!!

Nebal
Lebanon

The Word " Studying" is??? Just for Fun!!

Hello dear teachers,

I was checking my mail, and I came across a matter that surprised me a lot. A friend of mine sent me amazing and weird facts, and  among them was the following . Check it out!!

Have you ever noticed that the word " studying" is originally kind of two words intermingled : student + dying?

Lol!!! Oh God, how things work!!! I haven �t noticed this before, but now I know what the true meaning of studying is , and why many students hate it. LOL It tells a lot!!!
Have a great day,
nebal

22 Sep 2009      

arlissa
United States

Hehe, how funny!

22 Sep 2009     

epit
Turkey

Dear Nebal,students know much more than us.Yes,I �m not kidding.They don �t listen,they don �t do homework but whenever I go school without preparing they find a mistakeand they make me mad.So A teacher has to be more clever than his or her students. At least we have to seem so.

22 Sep 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

LOL

22 Sep 2009     

Zora
Canada

Too funny Nebal! LOL

22 Sep 2009     

Portugal

Well, Nebal, I guess it �s a matter of perspective.
I would rather say that the students are dying themselves in the colours of knowledge, hard work and stuff of the kind, but then, who am I to know?...

Confused

22 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

Very funny Nebal LOL

22 Sep 2009     

alina2
Pakistan

oh i c !! Tongue

22 Sep 2009     

gr8educator
Israel

So spot on - to ask them to study is the same as asking them to ...  Something that is beyond them.  ha ha ha Wacko

22 Sep 2009     

Gia Mel
Chile

XD! Funny!!!

22 Sep 2009