Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > question    

question

Denisa
Romania

question

Hello, everyone!
I have a question, maybe this subject has been approached before but..still, please, enlighten me!
I have a ppt containing only images: it was meant to inform children and remember them the great works of the English literature, but as I was saying it consists only in writer �s name, the years between he lived and images of his books � covers...
So, my question: would that be considered an ESL resource? Could I upload it in the site? I have worked so much for doing it and I think it �s great showing the kids the writers and their masterpieces...but I �m waiting...

23 Sep 2009      

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

Hello Denisa. It would be better if you had some kind of activity, like completing sentences with data from those writers. As you �ve described it, I personally wouldn �t consider it an ESL resource, my that �s just my opinion...

23 Sep 2009     

xyzzyx
Turkey

Hello my friend.
I can advise to you that. you should send it. because our ADMIN can accept as ESL. If it doesn �t ESL he will erase it anyway. so it worths to send it:)))))

23 Sep 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Hello dear Denisa,

I �d love to download your ppt. I would suggest you to add an activity so it is not considered not an ESL resource.
Maybe you could do this: Add some more info from the authors � biography and just maybe 3 questions so as to check comprehension. That would be great. Perhaps WH -questions..
What do you think?

Hugs!

23 Sep 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Denisa...

If you write in the description the aim or your ppt and give directions on how to use it then I think it does is a real ESL resource...

23 Sep 2009     

serene
Greece

Hello dear Denisa,
You could also add short extracts from those books, which the students should match to the book titles.
Hugs
serene 

24 Sep 2009     

Denisa
Romania

Well, thank you all for giving me your opinion..
You know, my presentation was first thought as a material for making posters: printing them and sticking them on the walls of the classroom ..I used to think that showing students something or viewing something over and over again, this information would be easily assimilated and retained for a long time...that �s why it was not an activity in the actual meaning of the word..

24 Sep 2009