Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About points    

About points

abdo111b
Morocco

About points

Hello Everybody,
I think to give one point for every download isn�t enough.Therefore, why not giving more points to encourage downloading. There are many useful worksheets just stocked here.What for? Just to watch? Please, answer me to discuss this.
Thanks in advance.

2 Nov 2008      

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi,

I think it is fine as it is. You get more than enough points to download what you like .

For me, the system is very good.

Have a nice Sunday!

Smile

2 Nov 2008     

spring
Turkey

Hi Abdo,
I got what you mean and I am supporting you about encouraging downloads.
Yet a point is enough I think.We cannot encourage downloading by such tactics and there is no need to do smth like this.Cos we are tachers and here to find materials that are useful for us.And this of course requires searching,downloading.A good teacher never cares anything -points in this case- to access the materials he/she needs.
Many times in this discussion part I expressed my opinions about this matter. Here is not a contest area.
And please everybody do not be obssessed with points.
You may ask this question:
" How about the members whose points are not enough ???"
Then here is the solution:
"Prepare,produce more worksheets and get more points"

You are absolutely right Abdo..I am with you but people should be aware of the benefits of downloading and do this not for points but for the benefit of their learners..
Regards..

2 Nov 2008     

abdo111b
Morocco

Hello,
Thanks for your comment on my point of view. I agree with you that teachers must be creative all the time .

2 Nov 2008     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Hi! Good morning to you from a neighbouring country! For me, 1 download, 1 point is fair enough and I truly believe that if you got 2 points for each download that wouldn�t change a thing for those who take the time to make worksheets or other resources that are useful, well structered and appealing, combining content quality with design.

So far, I have downloaded every worksheet or powerpoint that I liked and needed and it wouldn�t be definitely an extra point per resource that would make me download any other material. What then would encourage me, and I believe most teachers in this wonderful community to make more downloads? As I�ve said, QUALITY above all, and secondly a good sense of aesthetics. So,  people who have worksheets "stocked" here, in my honest opinion, should be askng themselves why  we are not downloading their worksheets (Is the topic interesting? Useful? Part of the Syllabus? Is the approach  communicative? Or is it just drilling? Are students led to infer rules or are these rules just "given"? Are the worksheets structered to develop competences or just to test knowledge?....)  If they have trouble finding the answer, they should analyse some of the most downloaded worksheets in the site and through comparison identify what theirs are lacking.

In just 3 weeks I�ve downloaded about 500 GREAT worksheets! That�s a lot!! But I would have downloaded more had I found the right material for my classes.

Have a nice Sunday!

Mena        Hug

2 Nov 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

I think the points system is fair, although for newbies like me, I am tending not to back to old worksheets from members, even though they look terrific as I don�t want to run out of points when I am starting out. So I tend to only look at the newer ones that I know won�t affect my points...

Maybe there could be Sunday bonanza day when for one day every few months you can download some awesome older worksheets for free/ no points taken off (therefore helping the author to get more points for forgotten work!)

I love this site and I am always amazed at the creativity and care that everyone puts into their work! I think you guys are AWESOME!

2 Nov 2008     

xcelair8
Australia

Interesting subject.

I feel that because there are so many worksheets on this site that AFTER mine have been on the "recent worksheets" list people do not tend to download them... maybe because people do not find them. It can be like finding a needle in a hay stack.

2 Nov 2008     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello Abdo,

You are right , but this is the game rules.

The system is well-studied in away it suits all the memmbers.
It�s away to encourage you create more and more.
It�s away to discover more about your hidden powers as a teacher.
So, instead of asking for more downloading points, do as spring suggested,"Prepare,produce more worksheets and get more points" That�s what I�m trying to do all the time.

Good Luck
                                                                                                                Nebal

2 Nov 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi:  I think that 1 point for each download is sufficient.   Overtime, I have accumulated thousands of points and the only way I have done this is by sending in worksheets.  In my opinion I would suggest the same thing as Spring, that if more points are required that teachers take time to send in their worksheets.  I have often used up points for material which I have needed.  It is easy to find and if you look hard enough, it is there.  So teachers take time and send in your hidden treasurers.  I am sure you all have some wonderful hidden material that other teachers may find very useful. 

2 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

What an interesting discussion.

I find that people often go back and download my worksheets.

I know that I often go back and download old worksheets when I need them.  Seriously once you are over 100 points - you can pretty much download what ever you want for a specific day without it affecting your ability to get the 30 free downloads per day.

I plan my unit - come onto ESLPRINTABLES and download everything I need.  I actually prefer making my own worksheets - although some members here have such fantastic resources that I could never hope to make better ones - therefore i download the old contributions.  I do however always take note of the new contributions on the side bar to see what fantastic ideas people have. 

One point per download makes sense.  It made me work hard to improve my contributions when i first started on this site - which has improved me as a teacher as well. 

Regards
Vickiii

2 Nov 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

Hello everyone, Just a quick question on this subject. I often notice that people say they download a huge amount of worksheets every day. What I would like to know is how do you organise all of them. I find if I store them on computer I can�t find the right one again (and I really have not downloaded that many). Then I tried printing off one copy and filing it in the good old fashioned folder method. (which is pretty organised for meConfused) but I still seem to spend hours looking for the right one.  What am I doing wrong??? Do you all actually USE all of the worksheets you download? (some people say they download most (30) of the new ones every day???)
Maybe it�s just me not being super organised. he he

HOW DO YOU DO IT?????   greetings from untidy Yeti xxxxx

2 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >