Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Thanks to all those who take the risk of reporting stolen worksheets to make this a better site    

Thanks to all those who take the risk of reporting stolen worksheets to make this a better site

mena22
Portugal

Thanks to all those who take the risk of reporting stolen worksheets to make this a better site

Good morning to you all.

I�ve been away for the last few days because, as many of you know, I have to hand in my master degree dissertation on Sep. 30, next Thursday, and I have a lot of work to do with classes and all.  However, whenever I can, I drop by in the morning or late at night to check what�s up in my favourite site and, today, although I should be working right now, I simply care too much for this wonderful community to ignore the post I�ve just seen.

I have no words to express the profound sadness I feel to see what�s going on in the forum. There have been occasions when people disagreed or even accused others with or without a reason, but never, never before have I seen such rudeness, such disrespect towards another human being, expressed by awful words of hate and spite, which make up for the worst personal attack I�ve seen made public among "civilized" people.  Nothing can justify this. Nothing can justify exposing the members of the site to such undignified behaviour. Humbleness is a virtue. Without it, there�s no personal growth no matter how many degrees or titles we may have. If we are not able to accept our mistakes and be brave enough to admit them, how can we possibly learn from them?!...

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who take the risk of being bullied and publicly humiliated by reporting stolen worksheets just to make this a better site for all of us.

Wish you all a nice day.

mena

25 Sep 2009      

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear mena,

let�s  hope  things will get better:o))

Good Luck with your dissertation.  Hug

Michaela

25 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

Well said Mena (as usual).

Good Luck on your Dissertation.

25 Sep 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Thank you for your post Mena. You are an inspiration to many.

�Writing your dissertation." What a wonderful start to your �third chapter � in life.

25 Sep 2009     

Bare
Croatia

Thumbs Up 

Wink

Hug

25 Sep 2009     

mokus19
Hungary

Wish you all the best Mena!

25 Sep 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I wish you all the best Mena, and hope you feel better soon Stexstme.

Hugs from Israel.

Judy

25 Sep 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

Dear Mena, adding my wishes for your dissertation, what a relief it will be when it �s all done!  all the best to you!
johanne

25 Sep 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thank you so much for these wise and inspiring words, dear Mena!

Good luck for your Master �s thesis! I �m sure you �ve done a wonderful job! (I �ve completed mine a year ago... it took me a few years to sit down and write it...)

And dear Silke, thank you so much for being here! Always stand by your principles! I support you! We know very well who is right and who is wrong around here.

And you �re a lovely young woman, too! But there �s nothing wrong in being a young and alert grandma! (I �m probably closer to grandma age than you LOL)

I �m glad to address the two of you as the same time, dear Mena and Silke! Because you �re both such good exemples for me!

Have a great weekend,

Love/Aimee

and let �s hope for more peace and understanding around here - ASAP!!!!

25 Sep 2009     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

Wise, wise words! All the best Mena Hug

25 Sep 2009     

Portugal

I wish you the best luck for the 30th. You will see that it �s much easier than it looks. Please, focus on what you have worked so hard for.

Conflicts happen: we only have to bear in mind that wise words usually come from wise people and the rest is to be ignored, though sometimes we are appalled by some situations.

Let �s DUMP this forum with cheer, smart, kind words, as you always do, and pull the rubbish out. We want our home nice & clean, don �t we?

Mena, my very last words go for you: think of all the good things that you have accomplished, I don �t know which University you are going to next 30th, but my heart, my prayers and all my positive thinking will be with you that day.

Chuak! <v:imagedata o:title="Hug" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1iijorgeDEFINI~1Tempmsohtmlclip1

25 Sep 2009     

1    2    3    Next >