Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A tree for peace    

A tree for peace

zailda
Brazil

A tree for peace

On 21 Sept. we celebrated the "peace day" & the "tree day" in Brazil. We gave a slip with a dove shape to each student and asked them to write about the topic "be nice", as a way to promote peace in our planet.

We strongly believe that the most important way of being nice is respecting other people feelings, different POV, and other differences that make the peoples in the world so diverse and interesting at the same time.

Each student wrote what he believes is a good way of being nice to each other and we "planted" a tree with all of their thoughts for everyone to see.

I wish you could read what they wrote, maybe it could be of any help. But everyone can think about and guess what they wrote and maybe... maybe... one day we �ll learn from the younger how to solve our problems and small matters in a peaceful and respectful way.

I �m going away to work now but leave the students � peace tree as a wish for better days to come.

Have a nice day!

25 Sep 2009      

epit
Turkey

Wonderfull!I wish we could see what your pupil wrote.

25 Sep 2009     

rebecax
United States

LOVE IT !!!

25 Sep 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Together with grammar, etc...we should post thoughts of peace and respect more often, just in case we forget that in our "inner vocabulary" those words do exist.
Thank you and ciao

25 Sep 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Dear Zailda,

It is WONDERFUL !!!

I wish we could all live in a better world - It is in our hands!!

Send my  blessings to your students.

Orit

25 Sep 2009     

serene
Greece

Yes, let �s be nice to each other!

Thank you Zailda! Well done to you and your students!

Have a nice weekend

25 Sep 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

GREAT!!!! Thumbs Up

Congratulations Zailda, keep up the great work

25 Sep 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

Thanks for sharing Zailda!Lovely work.Thumbs Up

Hug

25 Sep 2009