Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can anyone recommend a gap fill worksheet which includes phrases that one might use when communicating with a native speaker?    

Can anyone recommend a gap fill worksheet which includes phrases that one might use when communicating with a native speaker?

Helen McK
Ireland

Can anyone recommend a gap fill worksheet which includes phrases that one might use when communicating with a native speaker?

Hello everyone,  Smile

I hope that you�re all having a nice weekend.

I�m searching the site for a gap fill worksheet which covers vocabulary and phrases that a student might use when communicating with a native speaker, for example, �I don�t understand�, �could you speak more slowly?� etc. I�d be really grateful for any recommendations.

By the way, I have used the search box at the top of the ESLPRINTABLES home page, but on this occasion, it hasn�t yielded the results that I need.

Helen McK

26 Sep 2009      

douglas
United States

There �s a couple worksheets that appear if you search "survival English" that might work for you.

Douglas

26 Sep 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Watch out for those native speakers!!! 
They could be dangerous!!! LOL

You �ve gotta speak very quietly or we must might attack! Wink

hugs Liberty

26 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

Oh NO!!  Here comes the big, bad, native speaker!  Hide the children!  Run away!  LOL

HELP!!!!!!

26 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

Douglas,  sorry to tell you this,  but I have three eyes and my fur is black.

26 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

We native speakers are all just a little bit different, so you can never be sure what you will get.

26 Sep 2009