Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with crosswords    

Help with crosswords

Samantha.esl
Italy

Help with crosswords

Hi!! Sorry to bother you... I just posted a comment on a post I thought appropiate so that I didn �t bother people posting again... but no-one answered.. just in case, I �m re-posting.. Hope no-one gets offeded

I have downloaded  .. {eclipsecrossword}. Could any of the members who use this programe tell me how you make the crosswords.
Let me explain: I was trying to make a crossword with vocabulary (pictures for students to write the right word) but I saw that the program opens a window where you have to type the word and the definition. What happens or how do you do it..if you don �t have the definitions but the pictures? ..
Sam Hug

27 Sep 2009      

macomabi
Portugal

Hi! I usually write the definition, but I think the best person to answer your question is David Lisgo. He uses eclipsecrossword and he adds pictures.
Best regards from Portugal

27 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you Macomabi,
If no-one around can help me, I guess I �ll have to contact the member you mention.

27 Sep 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I don �t know if this will help but try reading this.

27 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you dear member,

I did read this first thing.. and tried following but I guess what I don �t want are the clues.. as I have images..I think I �m a little slow.. :) I hope I succeed thanks!

27 Sep 2009     

Rosangella
Brazil

Yes, our japanese colleague David is an expert in crossword.I have build ones under his tips.

Hugs,
Rosangella

27 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

May I ask another question? Does anybody remember the contributor who sends the "circle crosswords"?
The letter boxes are shaped like small circles...
Does anybody knows the name of the software used???

27 Sep 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Moravc: It is Alenka who also makes excellent crosswords in circle shapes.

She taught me to create crosswords, but I only made one, hahahaha so I already forgot... Sorry I can�t help Samantha but if you pm David or Alenka they will surely help, they are really nice members in this ste

27 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Thank you, JulietaVL, how could I have forgotten...
It �s Alenka, of course... I will ask her about the software she uses, it �s nice for little kids...

27 Sep 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

She uses eclipse too...

Actually she sent me the link, I know she spends hours changing the squares into circles... the crossword I did is in circles too and I do not lie, I spent around 3 hours in doing it, maybe becasue of my lack of experience...

She rocks with all those crosswords and I know she can give more details abut how to create them, I forgot... and if I want to create another crossword I will ask her for help again :D

Have a nice day...

27 Sep 2009     

Sara26
Brazil

Samantha,

I guess you first type the word related to the picture, then when they ask you to give the clue for that word, just type a letter (any letter, "x" for example; it won �t appear anywhere) and then click "add word to the list" and go ahead ...

I think it works like that ...

Hugs,
Sara

28 Sep 2009