Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.





ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board


ESL forum > Ask for help > Language Arts    

Language Arts


Language Arts

Does anybody know what it ´s called when you write a word so it looks like it sounds?

For example BOOMboom should sound like a heart..................Or the old batman Zap, POW, Bamm! (they were drawn to look like the sound...so Zap had jaged edges like lightning)

28 Sep 2009      


I think ´onomatopoeia ´ is what you are looking for.

28 Sep 2009     

Hong Kong

I concur.

28 Sep 2009     


I agree, onomatopoeia is the word you need

28 Sep 2009