Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I donīt know how to say    

I donīt know how to say

catiahenriques
Portugal

I donīt know how to say

Hi everyone.
Iīm doing a behaviour grid that I will upload it but I donīt know how to say the person who usualy sign children īs tests and other school things. In portuguese we say īEncarregado de Educaįão ī but I canīt find the same expression in english.
Can you help me?
Thanks
hugs
Cátia

28 Sep 2009      

Zora
Canada

Well, if you mean the teacher in charge of the class... usually we call them (at least in my day)- Homeroom teacher.

28 Sep 2009     

Sue.
Egypt

In french it īs directeur pedagogique.. when I tried to translate it with google I got " education manager or director.. But I don īt know if such expression exists in english , may be native speakers could help here..

28 Sep 2009     

Denisa
Romania

Maybe it īs the educational advisor?

28 Sep 2009     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

In the UK a form teacher is the equivalent of a Homeroom teacher.  There is also a Year Head who has particular responsibility for each year group in a school.  This person also adds a final comment about each pupil to the school reports that are sent home, usually twice a year.  Maybe this is what you are referring to?

28 Sep 2009     

catiahenriques
Portugal

I want to mean the family member (mum, dad, brother, uncle, ...) who is reponsible for the child īs education at school. That member usualy sign the tests when the child take it home.
Is there an expression to say it?

28 Sep 2009     

supergirls
Mexico

IN MEXICO WE CALL HIM/HER TUTOR! I DON īT KNOW IF ITS THE SAME IN ENGLISH.

28 Sep 2009     

Allisa
Bulgaria

I think you need the word "guardian". Our studentsÂī works are signed by their parent/guardian.

28 Sep 2009     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

In the UK, at home it īs a parent/guardian.  Both words are given on official letters, reports, homework diaries etc.

28 Sep 2009     

catiahenriques
Portugal

Thanks to everyone.
Just one more question:
Is correct to say gardian signature?

28 Sep 2009     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

īSignature of guardian ī is formal and therefore appropriate in this context.

28 Sep 2009     

1    2    Next >