Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > to katee1111    

to katee1111

cgato
Portugal

to katee1111

You left a comment on one of my ws saying "the first text was stolen" http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=42559#thetop

First, I�m not a writer and I gather texts and sentences from textbooks to make ws adjusted to my students. The ws in question was about the differences about Simple Past and Past Continuous. I thought that text was ideal to work with my students. I copied and typed it along with different exercises that made an adequate ws for my students. I used it, and maybe I should have placed the source (although I don�t even remember where I got it).
And don�t forget that, by being teachers, publishers allow us to photocopy some material (only to use in class, and share it here, I suppose). I have books that I�ve bought where this is very clear.
I don�t steal and when I make mistakes I try to make things right: (if you have the time take a look at what I did when I realized I uploaded the same ws twice http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=86658#thetop)
Steal is a strong word! It hurts and it should not be used lightly.
If any of the other members take a look and think I should delete it I will! And after all only seven people thought it was useful, so no big deal.

Greetings from Portugal

2 Nov 2008      

marcia chaves
Brazil

I agree with you, CGATO. Steal is a strong word and it puts on us sign ( a warning)  "Be careful - this person steals things / worksheets".
People should be more polite and, of course, take a good look before saying (or writing) this word.

Hugs from Brazil,

M�rcia

2 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

UH OH - the Copyright Police Strike Again

I needed something for my class,
Went surfing to find something fast.
Found the right article at last,
Made up my own questions about the past.

Decided to come on line and share,
With all the great teachers in Eslprintables Sphere.
Someone saw a copied line and decided to glare,
Accused me of stealing - it just isn�t fair!

When is it stolen, we all say,
When do we all have to start to pay?
The law tells us there is fair play,
So unless it�s a full on copy - don�t start to Rave!!!

VickiiiLOL

2 Nov 2008     

meuge
Argentina

HI Vickiii!!!
I love your humourous way of looking at things!!!! I don�t remember the wordyou used in esl discussion  what was it?? I kind of fairy or something like that.... Ermm
Tell me what was it that I don�t remember how you called it...
Send you a big hug!!!

And another huge one to all eslprintable users!!!!! 

THANK YOU!!!!!!

That was it !!!! The TECHNO GREMLINS!!!!! Thank you !!!!
And warm fuzzies!;)

3 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear cgato,
Your worksheet is really useful and nice. I don�t think that you were stealing text. Anyways I will tell you that as far as I know,  you can use any text from one book if it doesn�t exceed certain number of words (let�s say about 1,000. I�m not really sure about it) But in any case you have to quote the source and the author. If you don�t  it may be considered plagiarism. In ESLprintables there is an option to modify ws. Why don�t you add that information to your worksheet to avoid having any problems?

3 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I think you are referring to Techno Gremlins = http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=99359#thetop
BTW - Meuge I love how you always leave a lovely thank you on my worksheets!  Always nice to see your smiling friendly face on the comments page - especially with your gorgeous toddler as well!

3 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Cristina, you have all my support! I also use texts, articles in my Lessons. We cannot work without primary sources!! We are not journalists, we cannot go and interview people to know what they think, what they have done, what they did, what they are going to do ... So this accusation was really unfair!

To Vickiii: What a poetess you are!

Frenchfrog

3 Nov 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

I also use materials which I haven�t created. As Frenchfrog says: I�m not a journalist. Cristina do not worry, you have all our support. Big smile 

3 Nov 2008