Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Using worksheets on my website    

Using worksheets on my website

LittleSunshine11
Germany

Using worksheets on my website

Dear all,

this site has inspired me soooooo much and I �m more than thankful for all your help and support over the last months. Currently I �m working on a new project, my very own website... exciting as it is...

I will provide information for my German students and "students to be" and I will upload my own worksheets and homework, assignments etc. I also would like to upload some material that I found here, especially for my young learners (I just started with a group of 7-10 year olds). I obviously have not created ws for them yet, so here is my question:

Can I include material I downloaded here on my website to be used by my students?

OF COURSE I will give the source and acknowledge the colleague who created the worksheet here.
The last thing I want is to be considered a thief.

What do you think? Should I not put eslprintables for my students on my page, because they aren �t mine, or am I allowed when giving the source?

Thanks so much for your opinion! Have a great day!

30 Sep 2009      

Copa
Italy

Hi. I think you �ll have to ask to each one of the authors. Since the worksheets are published here for let teachers use them in class, not to publish them somewhere else.
I hope your site goes great.
Wishes
Copa

30 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi, 

When I registered to this site, I read in the "Please read and accept the rules:"  that we are not allowed to publish worksheets taken from here on other websites... but maybe there is a way if authors of the works allow it to be. I don �t know if this has been discussed before.. But let �s wait to see what the experienced and creators of the irresistible worksheets opinate on this issue..
Sam

30 Sep 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Hi,

I created www pages for my student too but I don �t publish any wss there.
I think you should contact not only the creators of the wss but also Victor.

What I �m afraid of is that there could occur problems with reporting worksheets. You would have to solve this thing as well otherwise the creators could be accused of stealing from your site and would have to prove the work is theirs.

I may be mistaken but it came to my mind when I saw your message. It has happened already that ws was reported as stolen and then we found out the creator put published it on his/her website.

Good luck,  Michaela

30 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

well  I suppose you have to have permission from the authors and Victor...
Maybe your chances to obtain the permission would be higher, if the "borrowed worksheet section" was under a password -
so the wss would be just for your students, not for all people round the world...

30 Sep 2009     

LittleSunshine11
Germany

Thanks everyone, I �ll think of another way then. Your remarks are right and appreciated. I don �t want anyoneone to feel offended or misstreated, I �ll just publish my own work there.

Big hugs!!

30 Sep 2009