Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > a smiliar idiom    

a smiliar idiom

fede117
Italy

in Italian we say: it �s like Turkish to me / or Arabics :-)

30 Sep 2009     

epit
Turkey

stexstme you mustn �t think so.,Katya explains better.It is used when two people talk each other and when they ignore you. In Turkey we use this, when  we  wonder the topic ,we believe that we need to be informed about topic.It has also meaning that carries a little bit a ironic because it reminds Don �t talk secret things in public.

30 Sep 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

In Israel Chinese is the language of choice when you don �t understand a word....

30 Sep 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Hi there:

In the USA, "It �s all Greek to me" is an expression used when you don �t "get" (understand) something that should make sense.  For example, if I �m trying to set up my new plasma TV with my DVD player by following the directions and I can �t "make head or tails of" them (figure them out), I �d say "it �s all Greek to me."

Alternatively, you can use it when your school �s principal send out a memo outlining a new administrative procedure, and the instructions don �t make sense to you.  Unfortunately, this happens a lot where I am.  Ha ha!

--Your American friend

30 Sep 2009     

isabelle99
Monaco

In France, when someone doesn �t speak a foreign language very well we say: he speaks (English) like a Spanish cow. Wonder who on earth first decided that a Spanish cow was less gifted at language than any other cowLOL
I�m also intrigued with Ituska�s Spanish village: What is special about a Spanish village? Any explanation?Or is it an expression which is totally irrational?

30 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2