Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Victor: Bugs for new site    

Victor: Bugs for new site

wolfy
Chile

Victor: Bugs for new site

Vic,

First of all the new site: http://www.teachersorganizer.com/ is great,

But I noticed a few bugs when I registered:

a) Bug: The "Edit Group" button just after creation doesn �t work.
    Where: On the "Create Group" stage of the configuration, 
    How: I created a group and saved it but noticed a spelling mistake so I tried to       edit it.

b) Bug: "Previous" day text Highlight (Timetable Configuration) It points to the correct page but the text is wrong: It says the Next day when it should be the previous.
    Where: On the "Edit Timetable Page"
    How: e.g. you see: <Previous Friday> ... <Next Friday>)

c) Bug: After finishing the timetable (loved the layout and colours) but the time         appears muddled up.  
   Where: "Timetable Screen" 
   How: 17:00 - 19:00 appears first then 07:30).  (I start my day at different times, my classes are 90 min so class start time vary from day to day)

d) Bug: "Save changes" points to the "Edit Group" page.
    Where: "Edit Student" page
    How: Edited a student and was redirected to "Edit Group"

Suggestions:  (NOT BUGS)

e) What: Your options are "Save" or "Previous/Next" it �s not clear which to click when finished.
    Where: "Edit Timetable" page.
    How: Add a "Save & Finish" button pointing to the "homepage"

f) What: The drop downs are not intuitive. pressing a number takes you to the next iteration of that number.  eg pressing "0" twice enters "01".  the first "0" enters "00" the first one in the list, the second "0" enters "01".  The same for "1", first enters "10", the second "11", the third "12", etc... It �s a bit weird.  
   Where: "Edit Timetable" page
   How: Replace them with normal dropdowns.

30 Sep 2009      

wolfy
Chile

have you tried it, it �s great.  He generally reads the forum, but  not sure about Pm �s and emails though, probably not possible to read them all :)

30 Sep 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Wolfy, looks like professional analysis Thumbs Up I think Victor will appreciate your help. 

30 Sep 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

What is this new site you are talking about?

30 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you for the link!.. I missed this extraordinary piece of news!

30 Sep 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Dear Victor,

I really like the new site and have made it my homepage! I think that Wolfy has already mentioned any problems that I encountered, except that it would be nice not to have to save after every student �s name, but maybe that is not possible. This is why you are a webmaster and I am not. Smile

Thank you very much,

Carla

30 Sep 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I  agree with Carla about not to have to save after every student �s name but yes, it �s still fine and if it �s not possible to change, the new website is still AWESOME! :)thank you again, you have made our day, Victor!Big smile

30 Sep 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi again,

Great job, Wolfy! I really appreciate your help. Surely, those bugs will be solved soon.
Carla: yes, it could be a good idea the option to save a whole list of students. I don �t think it will be difficult.

Thank you all for your answers!

30 Sep 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

Hi, VIctor. I had missed the site. I�ve also been away for some time....
I loved the idea.
Thanx a lot.
Cassy

1 Oct 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

Hi Victor, as I already wrote yesterday the site is fabulous and I �ve also made it my home page.......I have a small problem and want to ask : would there be any way of changing the appearance of the calendar so that the first day of the week, on the left, is Sunday rather than Monday? Could there be an easy-for-you-to-arrange option so we could choose the appearance (the order of the days) of the calendar? I find it confusing as it is, seeing as all the calendars used here start on Sunday.  (I am so reluctant to ask this as it sounds demanding.....but once again, you are simply AMAZING....!!)

1 Oct 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Love the site. Thanks Victor:) Johanne - all the calendars I know start on Monday. I thought the Sunday start was American, but I could be wrong.

1 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >