Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Congrats to ALL ! (and a couple ?s)    

Congrats to ALL ! (and a couple ?s)

Morrisons Eyes
France

Hi Darrell,

Well just as anyone, I should say that the first day is always a bit stressful but then it gets better with time and you get better at anticipating the problems (if there are porblems).

I �m not so sure what you meant by school references but I �ll make a guess and hope it �s a good one. It seems that you don �t want to teach in our traditional public schools. There are 2 types of private English schools in France : the one mostly directed to kids such as Acadomia or Completude and these have quite a bad reputation among teachers. They don �t pay well, they send you all over the region (and I don �t know if you have seen yet, but Ile de France can be a big region...) and you spend a lot of your unpaid time in transportation.

Then you have the mainly adult English schools such as Wall Street English, Berlitz (one of the oldest and most respected school around the place) or a smaller one I know of called Le Comptoir des Langues. These schools have 2 kind of programs : small groups of 6 to 8 coming to the school mainly for conversation purposes and one to one lessons with businessmen following private lessons at their workplace. Don �t underestimate the difficulty of teaching to adults who are mainly bosses and prefer to tell others what to do rather than to be told. But the lessons with smaller groups  at the school can be quite rewarding.

Or, if you want to, you can always make a try to teach our kids (which would greatly benefit from a native speaker) and send your CV to the Education Nationale. You then would have to call the Rectorat of the 3 Academies around Paris that is the Rectorat de Paris, Rectorat de Versailles and Rectorat de Cr�teil depending on where you live.

I hope that I have answered your question !!
Cheers,

ME

5 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2