Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > private teachers     

private teachers

ichacantero
Honduras

Hi again, I�d gladly send the rules I give my sts to anyone who needs them, but they�re in spanish.. let me know if you need them. My email address is [email protected]

3 Nov 2008     

ichacantero
Honduras

I want to add... Naby!! Don�t give up!! We�re here for you!! You know that anything you need, anything that we can do to help... You have many friends here... There are good days and bad, focus on the good things about being a teacher, and think of all the children whose lives you touch Wink Hugs from Honduras!!

3 Nov 2008     

ichacantero
Honduras

I found these and there are some good ideas for creating contracts:

http://www.free-legal-document.com/tutoring-contract.html
http://www.nlstmhs.org/files/Parent%20Student%20Contract.pdf
http://www.readingnowerie.com/_files/docs/file_14.pdf
http://www.mytutoringtips.com/negotiating_and_writing_a_tutoring_contract.php?maxi

3 Nov 2008     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

Icha you are so helpful ! thank you so much for these links and for your email.

I will be better, but you know,  i`m a sensitive person and i can`t stand injustice.
that`s why i feel disappointed today with some families with incredible children
who dont care a thing their education and dont pay for it.
one of them told me today: I `m not going to pay because he missed some lessons.
you owe me some hours! ( they owe 2 months ) and they dont come anymore.

I always give them the chance of compensating the lessons, that`s another thing that i won`t
go on doing.

I will be better tomorrow, i know it. Thanks to all of you who spent their time writing
about this topic and supporting me.

My son is waiting for me to buy a Playstation for him, and i still can`t. This was the drop in the glass.

kisses and hugs for all my friends here, A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED!

Naby

4 Nov 2008     

Zora
Canada

Naby,

Sometimes the worst thing you can do is to be overly "nice". People take advantage of it. For example: when I first opened my center, I did the exact same thing (chalk it up to inexperience and a need to make a good reputation for myself... ). I recuperated classes for people, even if they were on a legal holiday and then, for example, I had a mother, who had the nerve to say one day... "Oh, my child can only come half an hour today because he�s going to a birthday paryt... Can he make up the 15 minutes another day!" Well I said yes because we had just opened and she did that to us a couple times that year...

Anyhow, the second year, her darling child was with us and, what do you know, she tried that again... and we simply told her "no"... we couldn�t and that was that. And guess what, she is still with us... People just try to push and push, to see how much you�ll give but there are times you need to be firm and say "no" to things and not be afraid that they will go elsewhere... And if they do, then they were never a good client in the first place and they can�t appreciate your work... Remember - good riddance to rubbish!  Tongue

4 Nov 2008     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

you are totally right Zora, thanks for your advice!

you know, I feel supported by all of you . thankssss a  lot !

i`ll think my sit over.

Naby

4 Nov 2008     

gunner10
United Kingdom

Nabila !!!! you have to think in yourself first, unfortunately it`s this way, parents sometimes, aren`t
so comprehensive and they dont care if they owe a pound.

it`s your job, make it worth...Here in Thorney ... it happens too...

good luck
Gunner

5 Nov 2008     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

"Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys,

and dividing our grief."~ Joseph Addison

more than thx for your words and support!  

evaramos, ichacantero, zora, sebas555, natasha, miss yanis, gunner10!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Nabila: what about asking them to pay by credit card? You know that in Argentina there are some  "plans" (I really don�t know what you call them)  to pay 10 or 12 months in advance for a course (a swimming course, for instance) by credit card . I know that, here in Argentina, there are some banks that include that service if you have an account for a minimun montly payment.

6 Nov 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, all of you
I had no idea you all, so many people, were working in your own private schools. For me, this is a little strange, because this doesn�t happen in my country. Of course there are private schools, but the public ones are THE SCHOOLS. Don�t get me wrong, this is the way, here, in my country,the government has own public school and every child attends a public school; then, if their parents want, they may attend another private school.
But, just to cheer you all up, don�t dare to imagine that a public school is HEAVEn, because it isn�t.
We don�t have, well I don�t have, those sort problems related to who paid and who didn�t pay, because::::::: NO ONE PAYS :::::::::::: the government is SUPPOSED TO PAY EVERYTHING
GOd bless,  this is a kind of heaven ??????????????
NO; IT ISN�T ...... BEcause some now and then.... ????? no one pays ....... and we have children in class without their books, activity books, and so on, and so on
Who can I blame????????????
No one, just that FUNtastic picture of someone in the government............
Please, don�t give up, things are hard everywhere
We are the teachers, so let�s do our job........
teach children and... why not????? parents???????
Hard??????????
well.... just a way out

6 Nov 2008     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >