Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Answering another member´s question    

Answering another member´s question

cecile59
France

Answering another member´s question

Hi everybody!
I�ve got two questions:
I�ve uploaded a game (happy families game) and a few members have asked how to play.
I would like to send them a message, explaining the rules of that game, but I can�t find how to send emails to other members...

Second comment: One member has reported the game as "stolen".
Indeed, i�ve used the pictures available on a french website, but I spent a lot of time adding english family names on the card, otherwise the game is not really worth it in esl classes. Who creates his/her own drawings or pictures? It�s impossible! Of course you have to use other material, change it, improve it...
The only question is to what extent we have the right to do this. Only the worksheets which don�t contain any pictures are 100% mine. As soon as you use pictures, the work is not entirely yours. (All the pictures dictionary for example!) It�s sometimes only partially yours. It�s an endless discussion I�m afraid.

Thanks everybody for sharing!!

3 Nov 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

This topic came up yesterday as well.  I use poems, pictures, stories, facts, ideas from everyone else and all sorts of websites.  If something is very closely based on someone elses work i do tend to acknowledge it - but this whole you stole that sentence accusations is getting laughable.  I must say i do not keep a very good reference section for my printables not like i do for professional articles - but seriously is it really needed? I have gone softer on this whole issue - as I see the lunacy of some of the accusations.  If it is a full on copy - sure report it - if it isn�t then don�t - but either way - let Victor decide - he is the adjudicator - do we really need to damn the person in public as well along with links to their �stolen� worksheet. 

honestly - stealing a whole worksheet is dispecable - using ideas for inspiration is called being a teacher and an innovator.  If not then I am in big trouble as all of my worksheets contain �stolen� material. 

3 Nov 2008     

cgato
Portugal

Thank you Vickiii for what you wrote yesterday!!

I am not the "stealing" kind. Thanks for your support

A big Hug

3 Nov 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Hello Cecile59,

I would really like it if you sent me the instructions to your game...it seems really great:

THANXS

3 Nov 2008     

cgato
Portugal

I�m not being polite!Embarrassed
thank you to all the members who have spent their precious time  giving me their support!
If i can help you anyway, just say so!

3 Nov 2008