Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TEEN ISSIES    

TEEN ISSIES

lizzysil
Peru

TEEN ISSIES

Smile HI DEAR FRIENDS:
NEXT WEEK MY STUDENTS FROM SECONDARY ARE STARTING THE LAS BIMESTER OF CLASSES : 4TH BIMESTER (GREAT for me!!!!)
AND MY TOPIC IS "TEEN ISSUES" I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE TEXT, SONGS, SPECIALLY FOR TEENS. WHAT CAN I TEACH TO MY SS? I HAVE THE BOOK AND THERE ARE SOME INTERESTING PAGES, BUT I NEED MORE BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE MT CLASSES INTERESTING AND ATTRACTIVE? WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND ME ??
I �LL WAIT FOR YOUR ANSWERS
THANK A LOT FOR YOUR HELP
HUGS FROM PERU
LIZZY

9 Oct 2009      

gzagza
Mexico

there is a song from simple plan called perfect. Check the lyrics it might be useful.
good luck
gza

9 Oct 2009     

gzagza
Mexico

there is a song from simple plan called perfect. Check the lyrics it might be useful.
good luck
gza

9 Oct 2009     

costaricanangel
Costa Rica

Hi Lizzy!!! I downloaded a very interesting plan about music. I did it with my teenage students and they love it!!!! http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=297288#thetop
Good luck!!! Let me know if your students like it!!!

9 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Have a look at these printables, they deal with topics teenagers might find interesting to read, too!

9 Oct 2009     

costaricanangel
Costa Rica

This is the first part of the planning "Warm up": http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=286555#thetop

Good luck!

9 Oct 2009     

douglas
United States

The movie "Fat Like me" is a very good teen film that addresses obesity in an interesting way.

9 Oct 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

In the first session I would talk with them about what issues do THEY feel are important in their lives. Get them to write out some lists in groups. Order their thoughts from most important to least important... get them thinking and discussing what it is exactly that matters the most to them.
They then get to be a part of the planning process and get to feel like their opinion matters.
Of course you will already have some topics prepared, but this way you might get some new topics that you might not have considered...Or if you see that there is a particular area of interest you then can go away and prepare more on that topic...
Peer pressure, fitting in, making adult choices, eating disorders, depression, bullying, parent/teen relationships, friendships, influence of fashion and music etc...
If they feel like they have had an input into what some of the topics are going to be then  they will most likely more responsive and interested in what you will be presenting.
:-)

9 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

douglas,  you need to be very careful showing films like that - especially if there are some chubby kids in the class. 

We have many Ethopian pupils in our classes - before I teach about slavery,  I speak to them -  so they know what the topic is about and that they don �t need to feel self-conscious during the lesson. 

9 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

douglas,  you need to be very careful showing films like that - especially if there are some chubby kids in the class. 

We have many Ethopian pupils in our classes - before I teach about slavery,  I speak to them -  so they know what the topic is about and that they don �t need to feel self-conscious during the lesson. 

9 Oct 2009     

lizzysil
Peru

Smile YESTERDAY I ASK FOR HELP ABOUT TEEN ISSUES AND I GOT ANSWERS FROM TEACHERS ... THANKS A LOT FOR THAT , VERY KIND OF YOU!!!! NOW I HAVE IDEAS THAT WILL HELP ME A LOT. THAT �S FOR SURE!!!
THANKS TO GZAGZA, COSTARICANANGEL, SAMANTHA.ESL, DOUGLAS, CHEEZELS, ENG789

10 Oct 2009