Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Windows XP - see size of ALL FOLDERS ?    

Windows XP - see size of ALL FOLDERS ?

moravc
Czech Republic

Windows XP - see size of ALL FOLDERS ?

Hello, I need to know this: Are you able to see the size of the FOLDER when you browse your computer folders?
for example, when you open C:/ disk, you can see the list of folders, but there is no size written in the given "size column"
When I open one folder, I CAN see the size of the documents, MP3, excell documents, but I canot see the size of all subfolders listed there...
I know I can point my mouse to the ONE folder and the details shows up...
But how do you happen to see the WHOLE LIST of folders + their SIZE in the computer browser?

9 Oct 2009      

i_love_english
France

I think that if you right click on the folder and then click on "Properties" (Propri�t�s in French) you can get the size.
Well the word "properties" doesn �t sound very good to me actually, but in any case, it �s the last word at the bottom of the box when you right click....
Hope that makes sense
Steph

9 Oct 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Thank you... I know this trick... it �s good for finding the size of one particular folder...

But I think I found something better - it �s a very small program (dll) and it helps to show size of a looong list of folders...
I thought first it does �nt work, but IT DOES work...
So finally I AM ABLE to see a list of my folders + their size ...
I AM SOOO HAPPY :-D
http://foldersize.sourceforge.net/using.html

9 Oct 2009