Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English for computing students and secretarial students    

English for computing students and secretarial students

yogiba61
Spain

English for computing students and secretarial students

Dear partners,

This is the first time I teach computing students and secretarial students. I need your help and advice. The books I �m using are: Basic English for Computing from OUP and English 365 for my secretarial students. Do you know these books? Have you ever worked with them? The fact is that the level of some of my students is very low and it is getting really hard to work with them. At least they are adults!! I don �t know how to evaluate them. I �m doing a lot of revision now, but what kind of exams can they do?
Well, I need some advice urgently!!! I �m giving them a lot of photocopies and I �m no afraid at all of preparing all kind of materials but I �m a bit lost!!!!

I appreciate your help in advance. Thank you very much.

Yolanda

10 Oct 2009      

ARaquelSP
Portugal

Hi, Yolanda. I �m a Business English teacher and I experienced the same some years ago. I had an elementary group that was quite weak, so before starting with Business Vocabulary, I did some revision on the Present Simple and Past Simple. You can use "English Grammar in Use" by CUP. Then, when you move to Business English, there is a book I like, entitled "Intelligent Business - Elementary" by Pearson Longman. Here �s the website, where you can also download some worksheets: http://www.pearsonlongman.com/intelligent_business/ (go to Review tests). This website has also got plenty of Business Englosh ws, I believe you �ll be able to find useful things for your students. Smile The best of luck!!

10 Oct 2009     

douglas
United States

Nice, useful link Raquel Thanks

10 Oct 2009     

yogiba61
Spain

Thank you Raquel, I �ll have it a look!

10 Oct 2009