Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > A great ws    

A great ws

alex1968
Greece

A great ws

Hi Everyone!

Haven �t been around for a while due to work load...so I �m going to have to spend hours catching up on missed ws!!!

Looking through the ws today I came across a  really interesting one that I would like to recommend...the topic is interesting and there �s a video link.  I think most students would find this interesting :)

How to tell if someone �s lying!

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday...I �m off to the marina in 10 �...
Have a sailing competition today! Fortunately the sun �s shining - hopefully the wind �s blowing as well!!!

Hugs to you all from sunny, summery Greece!
Alexandra

11 Oct 2009      

libertybelle
United States

There is this great program on TV called "Lie To Me"
that is fascinating.

thanks for the heads up!

11 Oct 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Thanks, really interesting! I �ll look into the TV show too libertybelle.

It is important to be aware of cultural differences in body language too. A great example of this comes from Indigenous Australians & a serious misinterpretation of body language. In many Indigenous Australian cultures looking someone in the eye is a sign of disrespect for authority figures (edit: I am NOT implying that Indigenous people are inferior, just that their body language is different to my cultural background), so a member of these cultures will NOT look you in the eye. They will seem to be visually evading whoever is talking to them. In Anglo Australian culture this is usually interpreted as someone lying either outright or by evasion. This is one of many factors that has contributed to human rights issues in Australian history.

So please, when looking at this as a teaching tool, maybe you should also encourage students to talk about cross cultural misinterpretation too?

If I get time I �ll provide a few links to related topics... most likely I will email lavenham & see if they will update their ws to include some links on cultural differences as a second page.

If anyone else would like them please PM me & I �ll send them on Tuesday (Japan time).

Cheers,
AB

11 Oct 2009     

Hazza
Australia

Yes please to the related links alien boy!! Thank you!!

11 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for recommending this work, I hadn �t seen it, so thanks to your post I have it now..
SamHug

11 Oct 2009