Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CAN īT UPLOAD ANYTHING TODAY    

CAN īT UPLOAD ANYTHING TODAY

esimaoster
Portugal

CAN īT UPLOAD ANYTHING TODAY

Hi everybody

I īm trying to upload new powerpoints and worksheets and I can īt! Can you tell me if this is normal?!
One of my first worksheets was removed because it was reported to be a copy. 
As I explained to some people that was my first worksheet and at the time I didn īt understand the philosophy of the site. Anyway,  I have more worksheets now and I would really like to improve and going on giving my contributions.

Thanks

Isabel

12 Oct 2009      

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

Hi Isabel. Check the size of the contributions: it mustn īt exceed 300k. All the best, Carla

12 Oct 2009     

esimaoster
Portugal

But it doesn īt exceed that size! I really can īt understand!Cry
I īll keep on trying.
Thanks

12 Oct 2009     

jecika
Serbia

you can only upload 3 contributions a day

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5362

12 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Isabel,

sometimes it takes some time before you īll succeed. Don īt give up and keep trying. I know some people were trying for 2 or 3 days before the upload was successful.

Take care, Michaela

12 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

You wrote:
As I explained to some people that was my first worksheet and at the time I didn īt understand the philosophy of the site.

One little word of advice.
When ever you start something new or come to a new place.
read the rules. They are there to help and guide you.

L

12 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Isabel, sometimes it is really hard to upload and I understand your frustration, because I īve been through it, myself.

Some piece of advice/information:

1. There are days more difficult than others; I haven īt established  the pattern of this particular site yet, and although it must be similar to others of the same type, someone could come up with a reliable information on this, meaning: what could possibly be the lightest (if some), days in terms of traffic, here? I will establish a pattern myself, but that will take sometime.

2. Avoid rush hours, such as 22-1 Portuguese time; people tend to upload  around midnight Spanish time and those are really heavy, difficult hours;

2. Choose the best Internet connection you can; sometimes due to slow IC, we have a really hard time uploading;

4. This is a recurring subject at the forum, so I see no reason for not treating everybody equally and I īm sure the best advice is, besides docweight and stuff, that you should go through  the FAQ,

Keep trying and don īt let yourself get frustrated.

hyperspace hugs to everybody, to be currently avoided f2f
IJ

edit1: check pm
edit 2: I have been through some 400 threads on this issue; establishing a pattern implies going through dates.
edit 3: some patterns established: less complaints on  Friday-Saturday-Sunday; so, they could   be the best days to upload here 
edit 4: check pm again; Iīll be leaving the thread now; some more members needing help; some pms to respond to. Keep trying, will you? Hug.

12 Oct 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi Isabel!

Please don īt fret too much. Here are some tips that I īve gleaned from other members & personal experience:

1: one of our valued & older members in Portugal, mena22, recommended avoiding 10 - 12pm Spanish time as this seems to be a peak period;

2: occasionally the site does need routine maintenance so it may be hard to access for a short time (apparently usually less than 10 minutes);

3: just because a file is noted as being 300kb or slightly less doesn īt mean it is in reality small enough to upload. The maximum size seems to be closer to 298kb as the file size that is generally recorded by Word unless you look at the properties of the document, which will then report both the file size & the space required. It īs the space required that should be no more than 300kb (or at least that seems to be the consistent requirement);

4: if you need to find some tips or advice on file reduction check the tutorial worksheets you can download as there are some good simple guides. Also do a search in the older forum posts as there are some good discussions on that too!

Good luck & don īt be afraid to ask if you need help. I īd also recommend doing a quick search of forum discussions before posting though as there is some great advice around if you have the time to look!

Cheers,
AB

12 Oct 2009     

EMIRHAN027
Turkey

Hello..
           I have been trying to upload worksheests for a week  but I can īt do it.I prepare all worksheet by using windows 2007,and try to send it ,but each time it fails.I know it is a doc.file(prepared in Microsoft office windows 2007).I would be very happy if u could tell me what to do.

12 Oct 2009