Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > About Technical English    

About Technical English

lomasbello
Venezuela

About Technical English

Hi dear colleguees!!

Hope you are having a great Monday.

How do you translate "Floor efects and minimal ceiling effects?

Here you have them in context.

Missing data were minimal. Item response distributions were across the full scale range, with no floor effects, and minimal ceiling effects.

Thanks in advance for your help.

12 Oct 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Hi!

a �floor effect � is a measure which artificially restricts how low scores can be while a �ceiling effect � is the opposite - it restricts how high scores can be!

So in the context provided there is nothing that affected how low the score distribution went & there were only a small number of things that affected how high the scores were ( �minimal ceiling effects � as distinct from �a minimal ceiling effect � or �no ceiling effects �)

Cheers,
AB

12 Oct 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Thanks a bunch!!

Your answer came so fast!!

12 Oct 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Smile My pleasure!

Are you teaching statistics related English?

12 Oct 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

This is a study that a former student needs to translate for her thesis. She asked for help. But This  English is  for specific purpose. She is a psycology student and there are some fields that I dont manage so it becomes harder the translation.

12 Oct 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Ah, I see! There is a lot of statistical analysis required when analysing data....

Here are a couple of online tools for Stats:

The Internet Glossary of Statistical Terms

Statistics Glossary

If you need anything else, feel free to PM me - but if I �m busy it may take me a while to get back to you.

If you google for a glossary on whatever specific branch of psychology the thesis is related to then you may also get some useful info. Again, feel free to PM me if you need a hand!

Cheers,
AB

12 Oct 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Thanks  a million.

That �s very kind of you!!

Have a nice Monday

12 Oct 2009