Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Sleepless in Hanoi    

Sleepless in Hanoi

cherieimh
Vietnam

Sleepless in Hanoi

Hi, I am retired now as an RN and have been living here in Viet Nam since the 80 s and decided to get my TESL certificate and teach some classes. It has been quite interesting with some frustrating and rewarding experiences. I have a class of 35 -  7 to 11 year old´s - in a government school who have a wide range of English language experience (or lack there of). The class lasts for two hours hitting right around dinner time and there are times I wish I could not speak Vietnamese. The kids are tired from a long day at school and above all else they are hungry! I have taught it for some weeks though and despite the fact I could make more money and save myself the hassle of dodging traffic that wasn´t the point of wanting to try this and  I feel totally committed to these children because the school has had a very difficult time finding or keeping a ´native speaker´. I have not found a better resource for materials and printouts that I need then right here but I have the worlds worst internet connection and limited computer time. I am struggling to figure out how to get some points and longing to have better materials to teach my class. How do people overcome a lack of computer design skills and limited internet time to come up with these amazing worksheets? This site is the one I spend the most time on if I can get online despite having subscribed and paid for two other places. This is absolutely the best but I still do not have a clue how I am ever going to be able to print something! words of encouragement that I will survive my large class and hints as to how I can possibly create something to earn points appreciated. My best to this extremely creative and supportive group. Cher in Viet Nam 

14 Oct 2009      

Zora
Canada

Check your message box, I sent you a pm. Smile

14 Oct 2009