Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > To teachers who use my worsheets    

To teachers who use my worsheets

lilianarota
Italy

To teachers who use my worsheets

I was not offended to read Pallmand�s comment to my last ws , I am sure he meant no offence , but it made me think.

- Cliparts: it�s true that I use some cliparts with copyrights but I feel quite at ease with it because there is no commercial purpose in my schoolwork and I  think, maybe wrongly, that the cliparts obviously copyrighted that I use  could also be  a sort of advertising for their authors. Besides, the worksheets I submit are ideas not  finished products and users can change   pictures, layout, part of the content, whatever   they like. This is what I do with the wss I download. I recognize the author�s work but I adapt it to my particular  students and situations. What do you think about all this?

- I tend  not to provide keys unless strictly necessary because I think they don�t do a good service to teachers who are the real authorities on the activities they suggest to their students. Of course this means teachers have to work on them  beforehand , which makes their classroom  interaction with students much more productive. It also  allows them to spot and correct  mistakes. And since passion not perfection is my main quality  my worksheets do contain mistakes.

The moral of all this is that I�ve started doubting the validity of sharing my work  and in order not to hurt anybody�s sensibility I�ll give up doing it for a while.

PS The key to the �Who did it� ws is the following:

At the end of the matching activity there are two pictures (alibis) left. Since the detective knows that the thieves worked in pair, they are the ones who said they were playing tennis, Oscar and Walter . Camilla playing the violin is meant as a distractor, to make students have more guesses.

Maybe it was not as obvious as I imagined.

Thank you for your attention,

The best schoolyear to everybody, Liliana Rota

15 Oct 2009      

donapeter
Romania

I am glad I am the first one to post a comment here
because:
EDIT- I can´t understand why people post such comments in public : IF YOU DON �T LIKE IT, IF YOU THINK IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU- DO NOT USE IT!!!! For such comments and observations we have PMs.
- people having, in general, a few points ( as their wss are not so good and not so downloaded) tend to post the most negative comments. I wonder why? And I have the answer: they do not work for their own wss!!!! ( was that simple, wasn �t it)
- I bet people here( especially those having a few points) use only licensed clip arts!!! As here we have  a kind of business for poor teachers or something like that! How dare someone judge??? If someone thinks it �s illegal to use a ws with "stolen" clip arts, I recommend not to download it and not use it at all.

That �s all for now.

D

PS. As intellectuals ( we tend to pretend we are),  I suppose we can have an idea about the key! The ws is for INTERMEDIATE students.
(my point reloaded Wink thanks to L)

15 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

My response to your message and donapeter is:

I can �t see if images are copyrighted unless they have a watermark. So I �m not in a position to judge on this. But if an image is copyrighted, it means you can �t use it unless you pay. Some images are not for sale at all, so you can �t use them at all. You are not doing these people any favors by advertising their artwork. If they want your help in advertising, they will ask.

There is no reason for you to stop uploading your stuff just because one person comes with a correction/criticism. I will say, to his defense, that it was a very polite message he wrote.

Lilian- people here are really, really busy. You know that!!

Some have over 30 students in a class, no books, no room in the classroom, no photocopying machine, dumb colleagues, low pay and long hours. We �re here to make life easier for each other, not to make life more difficult. So when providing the KEY, we are making life just a bit better for other teachers. See?

donapeter - hate is a really serious word. Perhaps saying "can �t stand it" when people..... is better, because in the end, we often hate what people do and say.

that �s my 5 cents worth.
L

15 Oct 2009     

Moon22
United Arab Emirates

In my opinion, if you want positive comments, you can accept the negative comments as well, because we need to improve ourselves through good and bad comments..

i totally agree with libertybelle �s opinion about clipart copyright, because i don �t want to display a worksheet that has not clear pictures. you say replace and change the pictures and i say why don �t you put a clear one from the beginning?

and about the key answers. they are very useful especialy for new teachers and you know that English is not our first language, so we might find it difficult to know all the answers .. and it is good and easier to have the anwers of games and puzzles..

Thank you for opening this discussion

15 Oct 2009