Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Criteria to approve or not the online exercises    

Criteria to approve or not the online exercises

lovinglondon
Spain

Criteria to approve or not the online exercises

Hi, Please, can anybody explain to me the criteria to approve or not an online exercise??????? I �m quite disappointed, �cause I spent the whole saturday afternoon making an OE and to my surprise it is not approved. There �s no explanation either, which I find quite unfair. And there �s no the opportunity to mend the error (just in case there is one).
It is really unfair, believe me, I prepared 5 exercises about subject pronouns and possessive adjectives with lots of cliparts and sentences, quite motivating.
I daren �t make another one because I spend a lot of time making them for nothing.
Please, Can anybody explain the criteria to me?????
Thank you

15 Oct 2009      

Zora
Canada

The only criteria is the approval of other members... they need to rate your exercise on the day it goes up. If nobody looks at it or rates it then it is not approved.

This is part of the reason why I am a bit disappointed in the OE section. Everyone puts up stuff but nobody takes the time to check out other members OEs. It �s a sad but vicious cycle. I hate seeing the same, 10 or 20 people approving OEs all the time.

15 Oct 2009     

lovinglondon
Spain

But they don �t even give the opportunity to upload the OE again!!! I �m sure the OE is worth doing for our students. Please, give it an opportunity. I have seen thousands of approved OEs with just 1 exercise. This has 5 and , believe me, really motivating.
THIS IS QUITE UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE VICTOR, we must have the segurity that our working hours in OEs are worth!!!!!

15 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

I completely understand your frustration. I had to ask a friend here to rate an activity of mine once because I was quite afraid that - after more than 4 hours of hard work -it would not be approved.

I totally agree that it would be nice it there was some way to re-upload our activities but I don �t know if that option exists or not... Confused

15 Oct 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Dear LovingLondon,
If you have saved it, maybe you could upload it again.
I haven �t been much in the site lately, but I would be happy to rate your OE.
Cheers,
Cyn

15 Oct 2009     

lovinglondon
Spain

thank you for all your support mates!! I appreciate it very much indeeed. Afortunately I saved it as Cyn says and I could upload it again. Where do members have to click to rate it??
I �m not going to rate it (it wouldn �t be fair either) , but just to know. I can �t see the OE anywhere so that members can rate it.
Thank you again friends!

15 Oct 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Today �s Online Exercises to rate

It �s a pity that just few members rate the online exercises.

See you!

Cyn

15 Oct 2009     

lovinglondon
Spain

thank you all of you!!
I am really pleased to have you as colleagues in this profession!
Bye bye

15 Oct 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi, Lovinglondon,

In the database there is not any OE made by you which was not approved. Maybe there was an error and it was not uploaded?

Anyway, if it is the same that you uploaded today, it is great. Surely it will be approved with a good rating.

BTW, if nobody votes an OE during the first day, it will remain pending approval until someone does.

15 Oct 2009