Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > on colored worksheets    

on colored worksheets

leien29
Philippines

on colored worksheets

Id like to congratulate this site, Victor and the contributors for the work well done here. I know this site has been a helpmate to teacher all over the world and I for one is one of the beneficiaries.

I am teaching in a government school with an average of 50 students per class. I find the worksheets helpful in my teaching. In a class as big as mine, the easiest and the less expensive way to provide the worksheet to the students is through photocopy. 

I just have a problem though... Sometimes, the worksheets are too colorful that when you have them photocopied, they become black.  I appreciate the effort of the contributors for the artistic job but sometimes.... colors just wont work in black and white.

Tried downloading the less colorful ones but sometimes, the most relevant worksheet for my lesson are the most colorful ones

This is just a request for the contributors to "paint" their worksheets lightly.

Thank you and God bless

15 Oct 2009      

gloriawpai
Brazil

What I do is make it b&w or take out the pictures, anything to save ink.

15 Oct 2009     

miss manal
Tunisia

YOU CAN CHANGE THEM TO GREY THIS WHAT I DO

15 Oct 2009     

miss manal
Tunisia

YOU CAN CHANGE THEM TO GREY THIS WHAT I DO

15 Oct 2009     

silviamontra
Spain

I agree that the colourful ws are very nice, sometimes even spectacular, but most of the times not very practical, at least for me.
And I would like to thank particularly those users who take the time and trouble to send both a colourful and a B/W ws. Thank you very much for your work. 

15 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Leien, here �s how you change a coloured pic into gray tone:

1. rightclick on the pic
2. a menu opens
3. choose format pic from the menu
4. another menu opens
5. On colour, choose graytone.

We can �t do this with all the wks uploaded, I know, but we can do this with most of them.

Extra work? I know. But, there it �s up to you do decide: either you download or you don �t.
Sometimes, when a wk is really worthy it, I make a coloured poster of it, if I can, but the rest is always b&w. Most schools can �t afford delivering colour copies to every student.

See you around.
ij

15 Oct 2009     

Asik6891
Poland

Hello!
I will use this post to ask how can I do a colorful background of my wss?? I mean I would like it to have all the possible colours like a rainbow- but mixed together- can I do this somehow?

15 Oct 2009     

leien29
Philippines

Thank you for all the suggestions... Just would like to add though that my school would print the worksheets in bulk using newsprint paper. Eventhough they �re graytone, the paper would still add to the dark tone of the worksheet.

But anyway, a million thanks for the reply.

15 Oct 2009     

borna
Croatia

I have the same problem, and that uses a lot of printer toner as well, and I print them in colour. But I often turn the background to white, or delete frames. I appreciate the effort of the author as well, and it is true that these artistic wss catch my eye rather than the plain ones, but I prefer to use lighter shades if any colours at all.

15 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Some teachers show the color version on their computer, overhead projector or whatever they have, but hand out B/W versions to their students.

L

15 Oct 2009