Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELPPPPPP    

HELPPPPPP

mary88669
Peru

HELPPPPPP

HI EVERYBODY

PLEASE I AM TEACHING KINDER AND I HAVE TO PRESENT A PERFORMANCE WIHT MY KIDS. I DON �T HAVE SO MANY IDEAS. SO I WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP, MAYBE A SONG, OR SOMETHING DIFFERENT, ANY TOPIC.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCED

HAVE A GOOD DAY

17 Oct 2009      

eng789
Israel

I suggest you try some songs

17 Oct 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

It depends on what you really want to perform. There are many beautiful songs you can perform. Also, When are you going to perform it? Halloween, Thanksgiving or Chirstmas.

17 Oct 2009     

maayyaa
Slovenia

Heya,

I had a final performance with my kids (6 to 10 year olds) last year and they learnt a simple play. You can find some plays at http://www.teachingheart.net/ and www.storiestogrowby.com

Hope it helps!

17 Oct 2009     

[email protected]
Canada

my students really love putting on plays and i happily oblige being the school drama and music teacher as well : )�

u can have a short play in 2-3 classes based on ANY�book or story out there�

try using easy classic stories that they may already be familiar with, i suggest something like little red riding hood or the three little pigs or if it �s a christmas thing maybe the shoemaker and the elves or something, choose a book you have that they enjoy and go.�

1st step: read them the story, go all out and change your voice have fun with it, go over vocabulary etc
2nd step: read it again and invite them to speak out important character parts with you (ex: or ill huff and ill puff and ill blow your house down)�
3rd step: narrate the story and invite students to act it out
4th step: invite other students to narrate

suddenly you have a little production�

important: i never put on a play in any of my classes unless everyone has some kind of speaking task: narrators, presenters, characters, director etc if it �s a large class adding a song at the beginning and end of the play usually does the trick

ps i have done this with all age groups and it �s always worked really well

17 Oct 2009     

bayramd
Turkey

Here is an idea..the lesson was 30 minutes. the teacher uses different toys to teach parts of body. -U can use riddles for this- Then, s/he bencomes a puppet and does not move. The teacher can just speak and say � touch my head-eyes- etc � Since she is sitting like a puppet she cannot move. So a student has to come and take her hand point-show-touch the body part. I tried it and they( 5-6 year olds)  liked it .

17 Oct 2009