Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > prblem that is driving me crazy pls help!!!!    

prblem that is driving me crazy pls help!!!!

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

prblem that is driving me crazy pls help!!!!

i have made a lot of cool worksheets, but my problem is with the size, i tried copy the worksheets to a whole new document but it was still over 2000kb then i tried resizing the pics with an online page for that, still over 1000 so since i figured  my problem was the pictures i even tried using pics for another worsheet i downloaded here just to see if that was the problem but still over the 300 limit what else can i do? i havent been able to share my work because i cant add any lines or border to decorate my ws because they always get  to big.

18 Oct 2009      

Tere-arg
Argentina

Here you have some help...

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=reducing+pictures&B1=Search#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=resize+pictures&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search

18 Oct 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I would also suggest you to use RESIZED PICTURES.
FIRST resize pictures, then insert them into Word Document - Menu - Insert Picture... Try Free Photo Converter
IF you have MANY pictures, you can RESIZE THEM IN SECONDS!
Free software to resize any pictures. It resizes hundreds of pictures in 1 click - just choose the folder with pics and resize... It �s fantastic and you can INSERT the resized pictures INTO MW WORD DOCUMENT then...
Info here : http://www.pixelapp.com/Free-Photo-Converter.htm
Download here: http://www.pixelapp.com/FPC_setup.exe

It saves a looot of time !!!!

Just one suggestion - if you work on the worksheet for some time, the information about all the changes are increasing the size. BEfore saving, open a new blank document and copy all to the new document and save it...
It usually saves a looot of space... :-D

If you work with Word 2007, I cannot help you with problems of Word 2007, I am using Word 2002. I had heard about problems with changing DOCX to DOC. The size increases rapidly... :-(

18 Oct 2009     

oleg_maz
Russian Federation

Hi! I had the same kind of problem, and I managed to solve it by converting the pics into the GIF format - the file size instantly went way down. Just cut the picture from your Word document and go to the Edit menu, choose Paste special-GIF, and paste it into the same place. It worked for me, and I thought you might want to try this way to reduce file size. �

18 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

If you copy-paste pics from the internet to your ws they are always sooooooooooo much larger than you expect them to be. I did this at first, till alienboy pointed out the difference with saving. You need to save them to your PC, and then try using a freeware to reduce it. I have Irfanview, which is simple to download, free and virus-free. All you have to do is open your saved pic in Irfanview, click on edit, and then resize image (and then write the proportions you need - e. g. 350 or 400 in width is a large ws pic, whereas 150 is quite enough) and you can also click on sharpen once and save the pic as it is then - reduced and sharpened (it reduces 500 KB pics to 45Kb, sometimes more or less, depending on the size. You can also copy the new pic from Irfanview and paste it into your ws. It will be a huge change. Once the desired pic is in your ws, you can delete the original from your PC, there �s no need to clog your PC with all the pics. Hope you try this - it �s really worth it.
Anita

18 Oct 2009