Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > United Kingdom ideas    

United Kingdom ideas

veronika74
Hungary

United Kingdom ideas

Dear Colleagues,

I need your help. I would like to deal with the Uk for three weeks in our primary school in different classes. My students will prepare posters, Powerpoint presentations, bake some muffins and I would like to organise a tea-party for teachers with some traditional music. There will be a competion between schools in the small regions as well. Can you add some more ideas to this list?- I mean handcrafts or any other creative things related to this topic.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Veronika from Hungary

19 Oct 2009      

dyndel
El Salvador

Hello
I want to tell you that whenever you have these activities, you can make them funnier if you add some pieces of traditional food such as salads made with fruits, salads made with vegetables and so on. The goal is to decorate naturally and also to eat at the same time. I also prepare food like a gastronomical exhibition and people can eat just little pieces of food. Another idea is to decorate with different kind of flowers or balloons and write the names of the visitors inside ...everyone feels nice when reading their names as well. Tell me if you are interested in hearing to more ideas I have.   Blessings !!!!
Didi

19 Oct 2009     

Brainteaser
United Kingdom

You could make scones. Check the website http://www.scone-recipes.com/ for recipes.

For more ideas on British culture and traditions look at http://projectbritain.com/.

Hope this helps.

20 Oct 2009     

veronika74
Hungary

Thank you for you help.

20 Oct 2009