Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HOW CAN I SEARCH FOR OLD TOPICS IN THE FORUM!!!    

HOW CAN I SEARCH FOR OLD TOPICS IN THE FORUM!!!

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

HOW CAN I SEARCH FOR OLD TOPICS IN THE FORUM!!!

I�m sure somebody has already asked this question, but my asking this againg exemplifies my point �;)

How can I do to search for old topics discussed in the forum without resourting to browse the forum categories individually (which is what i have been doing in order to search for old topic) �:(

THANKS IN ADVANCED!!!

Love

Aldana

5 Nov 2008      

Zora
Canada

At the top of the screen ... this box allows you to search all the printables either by topic or date.

Search worksheets, lesson-plans, flashcards...

Level: Age: Type:

Contents:  
Enter here the contents you are looking for (phrasal verbs, halloween,...)

Search contributions by date

Day:
Month: Year:          

5 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Zora, I think Aldana wasn�t referring to how she could find old printables but how she could find old posts.
Unfortunately, your method doesn�t work for posts. Cry
Frenchfrog

5 Nov 2008     

Zora
Canada

Whoops... I just assumed when I glanced at the topic and saw "forum" and  "categories" it meant the printables part... Though I did think that the question was a bit strange, now I know why! LOL

5 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

On www.elllo.org the Google Search bar allows you to search on the web or just on the site:

It would be great to have the same thing for eslprintables.com!!

5 Nov 2008     

victor
Spain

Hello Aldana,

I�m working on that right now. Soon we will be able to search forum posts.

5 Nov 2008     

marcia chaves
Brazil

Victor,
you are perfect!!

5 Nov 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

HeartDear Zora, Frenchfrog and ESPECIALLY Victor,

THANKS SO MUCH for taking the time to answer my query!!!! THIS SITE ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!�Star

It�s so great how people are willing to share their time and effort not only with the printables, but also with Q&As, which we all have, whether regarding small matters or more serious stuff.

VICTOR, special thanks to you and I take my hat off to your endless and awesome efforts to keep this place alive!!!

CHEERS TO ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE OF ESL.PRITABLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!�Clap

PS: If I may humbly suggest another thing: It would be great to have a Q&A section, like a frequently-asked-questions-type of section, so as to avoid the same topics from coming up again and again in the forum. I�m sure somebody suggested it, I�m only hoping "SUPER VICTOR" can put it into action. THANKS AGAIN

5 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Another thing:

I was wondering if the different categories of worksheets could appear when we click on "See more worksheets by ...�
For example, Vanda has 56 pages of worksheets (or if you prefer 559 printables)!!! ClapThumbs Up I would like to know how many worksheets she prepared on the present continuous for instance, or on clothes...
It would be nice to see something like:

Vocabulary

Actions (8)
Age (2)
Alphabet
American/British English (0)
Animals (12)

Grammar

Adjectives (5)
Adverbs (2)
Articles (3)

I know I may be asking too much!! And I don�t want to put any pressure on you, Victor! But the thing is, you are so great! and so far you have managed to solve everything!!!

5 Nov 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

I most energetically second the motion, madam!!!!! (WOW how formal....hahahaha)

I think it�s a great idea as well....I�m sure Victor will manage because he is absolutely fantastic!!!!(not trying to sound like a brown nose)

Cheers and keep up the great work everyone!!!!!!!!

Aldana

5 Nov 2008