Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > slogan in english class    

slogan in english class

lazzy
Vietnam

slogan in english class

help me plz, I need some slogans in studying English to decorate the class. Have you got any ideas for that? Thanks so much

21 Oct 2009      

natalli
Belarus

I remember having in one of our classrooms at the university the words: It is not the way of teaching that matters but the way of learning. At the lessons I sometimes pondered over these words )))

21 Oct 2009     

natalli
Belarus

or maybe "The rise of English is a story of wonderful success" - it �s about English itself.

and a longer one: "When you look at language under a microscope, you can see it changing almost as you watch it: words and phrases, pronunciations and rhythms change at astonishing speed." ("The Story of English")

21 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Hello!
I would stick to  something, such as:
YES, WE CAN!
in an educational context (pic of a classroom/children studying, working with PC �s).
However, I usually get some exc. ideas from sites on inspirational quotes, searching: education/learning/studying/reading/effort...
Sometimes, I use cute pics such as two snails/turtles conversing: Have you said homework?
Best regards.
ij(nikadixon)

21 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Please, say it in English.

21 Oct 2009     

chalco
France

Have you ever visited this site ?
I have personnally printed some of their posters ... and decorated my classroom !!!

21 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Depending on your age group you could use some fun quotes:

English is a funny language; that explains why we park our car on the driveway and drive our car on the parkway.  ~Author Unknown

Slang is a language that rolls up its sleeves, spits on its hands and goes to work.  ~Carl Sandburg, New York Times, 13 February 1959

It �s a strange world of language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water.  ~Franklin P. Jones

Language is the means of getting an idea from my brain into yours without surgery.  ~Mark Amidon

Our language is funny - a fat chance and slim chance are the same thing.  ~J. Gustav White

Learn a new language and get a new soul.  ~Czech Proverb

21 Oct 2009     

lazzy
Vietnam

thank you so much guys but indeed i need an easy and 6-to-8 words slogan. I still need some more ideas, plzzz help.
to Chalco: i �ll check the site and inform u later, thanks so much

21 Oct 2009     

lazzy
Vietnam

as a friend of mine has " be the best you can be" or" English is fun". sorry i forgot to tell you guys that i am teaching in a primary school. so the slogan must be easy and fun. thanks

21 Oct 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

22 Oct 2009