Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What is Halloween?    

What is Halloween?

vardaki
Cyprus

What is Halloween?

Hi my friends!!!

Is not a silly question. I DON �T KNOW.  What is Halloween Question

21 Oct 2009      

eng789
Israel

There are a lot of great wss on the site that talk about Halloween.

21 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Dear Vardaki, here:

It �s accurate enough. You �ll find more, if you google Halloween. And, as Eng78 suggested, if you search this site for this  Halloween contents, you �ll find some awesome stuff (60 pages, just to mention the printables!).
Have a good day.

(there are no silly questions, dear Vardaki; not so sure about answers LOL)
Best regards.

ij(nikadixon)

21 Oct 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

I understood that it is a celebration as carnival or the Christmas. What is celebrated in what religion? 

21 Oct 2009     

Portugal

No, dear Vardaki, nothing to do with Xmas. It �s a pagan festival. It was blended into religions, that �s what most religions did with pagan rituals.

For instance:  in Portugal we have Bread for God �s mercy! See? The old pagan ritual was blended into Catholicism. Children knock at doors and say: Bread for God �s mercy! and we offer: money, cakes, fruit, whatever...

It �s not as funny as Halloween, though. Check Halloween at  teacher�s Youtube. You �ll find some good trailers.

21 Oct 2009