Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help me :)    

Please help me :)

martus772
Poland

Please help me :)

Hello everyone :)
Unforyunately I �m not an experienced teacher as I still study English. This yeat I �supposed to write my diploma paper. I have the topic "The importance of warm-ups in motivating students" If some of You know books connected with this topic please help. I can �t find anything. It will be a grat help for me. Thank You very much for any help.

22 Oct 2009      

maoopa
China

You should explore "motivation" as a key word when you search for resources.
This is a quote from http://www.headsupenglish.com 
Interest, motivation, and retention are all closely linked. By planned a lesson that integrates all four skills, the interest of students remains high. Interested students are motivated students, and motivated students remember the material better.

22 Oct 2009     

jackiecr
Hong Kong

Hi there. You probably have many examples of warm up activities/exercises but this is a good website for examples of warm up activities http://www.english-to-go.com/english/tools_h.cfm?CFID=474&CFTOKEN=41571312
I remember in my training they talked about these exercises �activating the schemata � of students � brains. Maybe searching using these keywordws could help. There is no doubt the purpose is about brain function and reading the students for learning. And yes, also to motivate. Maybe you could look at some �brain-based learning � books and there are plenty of those around. Good luck!

23 Oct 2009