Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > ACTIVITY FOR DECEMBER    

ACTIVITY FOR DECEMBER

lilikar
Mexico

ACTIVITY FOR DECEMBER

Hi everybody
Hope you can help me.
As a final project my high school students have to do something related to Christmas, New Year or Thanksgiving, normally they would represent a play but they are bored since they have done the same for the last two years, do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Karina

5 Nov 2008      

brizavalery
Mexico

They can sing a Chritmas carol composed by themselves or give short oral presentations about how Christmas is celebrated in other countries and eat different food or just write a wall of nice wishes for Chirstmas and New Year. 

6 Nov 2008     

Zora
Canada

How about making a Christmas town? With snow, kids playing in the snow, little decorated shops, etc... ?  I personally love the idea and would love to do one myself but I have no place to put one since none of the classrooms are overly large in my center, nor is the reception area that big either.  

7 Nov 2008     

lilikar
Mexico

Hi Zora-f and Brizavalery

Thanks for your ideas!

I found this site with some activities for Christmas such as short plays, maybe some of the teachers in this site can find them useful, here is the link:

7 Nov 2008     

Pinky Makus
Canada

You can also make a kids news show where they pretend to do the local news at about Christmas and something strange that is flying in the sky (Santa Claus and his sleigh).

12 Nov 2008     

Pinky Makus
Canada

You can also make a kids news show where they pretend to do the local news at about Christmas and something strange that is flying in the sky (Santa Claus and his sleigh).  Some can do the weather (cold and snowing).  Some can do sports (reindeer games).  Some can do an action update about who was added to Santa�s Naughty list etc.

12 Nov 2008