Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > download videos    

download videos

bluflower
Italy

download videos

Does anyone know how can I do to download videos from the site youtube.com?

There are lots of video songs that would be useful to use in class.

24 Oct 2009      

julianbr
Italy

hi Bluflower .. you can do a search on google for a vid downloader such as youtube catcher or something. You have a choice either download from a web based program or download a program onto your machine .. Once you have the downloaded file you can  burn the video onto disc using a program such as dvd flick .. if you just burn straight from downloading using nero, I don �t think it �ll work  in a dvd player ..

regards, Julian .. Smile

24 Oct 2009     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi, I usually use Real Player.
Vdownloader is very good because you can choose the kind of file you want .
I hope this helps.

24 Oct 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

The easiest way is using Real Player.  It is free and allows you to download videos easily, just with one click.

I also have DownloadHelper which is also free and easy to use.

24 Oct 2009     

julianbr
Italy

It depends if you want to download files to use on your computer or burn the files to dvd to use in a player or on another machine. I don �t think real player can convert the files to a usable format or burn the files to disc in the latter case .. It is free and widely available .. but so too are a lot of other pograms which can do the conversions .. 

24 Oct 2009     

niacouto
Portugal

Vdownloader is Ok and you can also use Tube Catcher with PCs and TVTube with Macs. However they are only usable within hardware (tou can �t burn to DVDs).

24 Oct 2009     

julianbr
Italy

that �s true Niacouto .. but you can use �DVD Flick � to do that part I think

24 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I use a free program called DVD video soft.
You can download in high quality AVI which can be used
on almost all players
L

24 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I use DownloadHelper which is easy to use if you generally use FireFox.

24 Oct 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

I am with libertybelle! DVDvideosoft (just google the name) allows you to download the video or only the song, all programs are for free, easy to use and all come with a tutorial (which you don �t need because it is really simple...)
I save videos as AVI files so they play on almost all DVD players, and songs as WAV so they play on all cd players....
Succes

24 Oct 2009     

emaflor
Costa Rica

I recommend you utube catcher its the best for downloading videos, I already downloaded many stories and songs from you tube using this program, it �s easy to use and fast.
the only thing you have to do is write utube catcher on google and there you cab find the place to download the program. Moreover, the program is light not to heavy for your computer.

24 Oct 2009