Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > please please please please my boss wants.......    

please please please please my boss wants.......

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

please please please please my boss wants.......

hello my dears

this morning my manager Cryat school

ask me for a personal favor

she asked my to write a developed paragraph about 15-18 lines ( 150-180) words 

about " money is the best gift"

this paragraph must have a topic sentence , supporting sentences and conclusion

Disapproveactually i have alot of works to do and i don �t have time to do this

and thats why i need your helpEmbarrassed

she wants me to send it to her this night

now it is 2:10 pm

plesse help me help Cry me help me please

please don �t ignore meUnhappy

i really need your help

25 Oct 2009      

libertybelle
United States

That is a strange request from your boss.
What if you don �t think that money is the best gift?
What if you have a whole different view on giving and gifts?
I think that is a cheeky request to ask of someone.

But...............
you could always write about giving money as a gift because the receiver has a chance to buy something they really want instead of having to exchange it.  It might save them embarrassment, because often people are afraid to hurt someone �s feelings when they don �t like or can use a gift.

In my opinion - love is the best gift.  But Hey - that �s just my humble opinion.

Good luck
L

25 Oct 2009     

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

thanks alot  libertybelle  for your reply and am going to use part of your reply to make a paragraph

and as you said

strange request

i think that she maybe taking a course in English and i think that this might be an assigment

and i hope that someone can give me more help

25 Oct 2009     

julianbr
Italy

so your boss cant be bothered to do her homework assignment and she told you to do it .. you cant be bothered so you told us to do it ... hahaha .. good luck .. LOL

25 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Dear G
I sure wish you could tell your boss to !Go To H*ll"
but otherwise, try writing "Money is the best gift" in Google and see what pops up.
Perhaps some quote from a book or poem might help you with this
very unfair request.

You have my total sympathy. I hate people who ruin a good Sunday, don �t you???

25 Oct 2009     

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

hi julianbr

you are 100% right

i wish if i could say soLOL  but if i did am sure a report will be send to Educational zone

25 Oct 2009     

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

hi _ladybird
actually Sunday is the first work day here in United Arab Emirates

25 Oct 2009     

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

please  someone help me

CryCryCry

25 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I just found a lot of info by googling.  *see above*
So make an effort. We �re all trying to help you.

25 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

why money is the best gift? (dear lord, I so disagree, but let �s discuss for the sake of the argument and to help a pal in need)
/though, I must say, as a wedding gift, many newlyweds would appreciate it/
TOPIC SENTENCE? Perhaps sth along the line of: In this day and age, with different cultures, religions and customs so intertwined in the world community, we might say that giving people presents can be quite difficult; therefore, many people claim giving money as a gift is just the best choice - simple and neutral.
SUPPORTING SENTENCES:
- you can hardly miss by buying sb sth they don �t need or like
- you don �t have to keep the receipt in case they have to exchange the gift
- you don �t have to spend a lot of time choosing the perfect gift
- you don �t offend people by giving them sth their culture or religion frown upon
- you let your friend really get what he/she wants
- you spare them the embarassment of regifting if they don �t like your gift (yuck, what a disgusting argument)
- culturally, money is mostly unbiased (though, I �m not sure of this, you might want to check, perhaps some cultures would regard it as offensive)
- you can actually decide what kind of money gift you wish -  money placed on a savings � account (for kids), a life insurance policy, a money coupon (not sure if you call it that way) in a gift store or cosmetics department (blah-blah), a travel voucher...
- if more people give money as a gift, perhaps the receivers could put it all together and buy themselves sth they normally couldn �t afford but really need
CONCLUSION
Although giving money as a gift lacks the wonderful personal touch, perhaps we could say giving money as a gift is perfect, because it �s simple for the giver to find and for the receiver to use, has no cultural bias, and lets the receivers actually choose for themselves what they need or wish for.

Anita
PS: The things we stoop down to to please our colleagues and bossesWink, eh? Dear Glamorous, I do wish this favour for your boss gets you sth glamorous in return (from your boss).

25 Oct 2009