Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > halloween games and activities    

halloween games and activities

D@N! P
Brazil

halloween games and activities

I work in an English course and all teachers must do something nice for Halloween, but something really fast because of the schedule. So, I need some ideas for fun activities and games that last at most 15 minutes. I also want ideas for my adult students.

I was thinking about give them a worksheet, tell a little about Halloween and make some games e activities. Give candies to the winners. Maybe a song. Peps, help me. Don�t know what to do.

Thanks in advanced.

27 Oct 2009      

pallmand
Japan

I like to use a Japanese game called "Karuta."  For Halloween I focus on the different characters/costumes (ghost, vampire, skeleton, etc.).

The game is this:  make some cards with pictures of the characters (I use 12).  Make enough for groups of 4 - 6 students.  When you say "witch", they try to be the first to touch (slap) the witch card.  If they can touch it first, they "get" the card. 

However, they only get 1 touch, so if they touch the wrong card they cannot touch again.
I make them sit out the next time (1 time) if they touch the wrong card; this prevents them from just slapping quickly instead of listening.

Also, to increase the difficulty, I will sometimes say a wrong word ("Blue cat", instead of "Black cat").  This forces them to listen carefully.

Anyway, that is what we are playing this week and my JHS studenst love it.

27 Oct 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

27 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Write Halloween in the search box above and you �ll find lots of great materials here.

L

27 Oct 2009