Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PPT files to Video    

PPT files to Video

luadosolzinho
Brazil

PPT files to Video

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask some help to you. I teach in a public school (in Manaus-AM) and there I can only use an overhead projector or a TV with a DVD player. We don�t have a projector to use with  the computer unfortunately. Anyway, I would like to use PPT files to make it easy and more interesting not only for me, but for the students as well. They don�t have books and it�s not easy to take many copies at school (they have a limit of 50 copies a month per teacher - I teach in 9 classrooms with about 40 students each).

The point is, I have tried to use some softwares to convert PPT to Video formats, but I didn�t succeed on that. The DVD player doesn�t �read� the Disc with the file converted. And burning the presentation (in a video format) is the only way to show them to my students.

Has anybody faced the same problem I�m facing now? If so, tell me how did you solve it, please.

If somebody knows how to help me anyway, please give me instructions. I�m here to learn.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes, Hug

Vanessa Marruche

6 Nov 2008      

Crix
Mexico

Hi Vanessa!

Check this web site http://www.presentersoft.com/download.htm?gclid=COjQw-TI35YCFRIfDQoddiYMOw here there is a programme that change ppt presentations into movies.

I hope this information helps you!

CRix

6 Nov 2008     

luadosolzinho
Brazil

Hi Crix,

Thanks a lot for replying. I took a look at the website on the link. I�m gonna download this software and see if this one works for my needs. I will let you know If I manage to succeed with this one.

Again, thanks a lot for helping me with this information! Thumbs Up

Best Regards,

Vanessa

6 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

a little pointer. �Most dvd players will play different formats. �You will need to check before you burn all those dvd�s. �P.S. they will also play normal cd�s with video files. :) �My suggestion is to get a rewriteable CD (only 1) as they are more expensive, and use as a tester, to check the videos.

7 Nov 2008