Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Trojan Horse (EclipseCrossword)    

Trojan Horse (EclipseCrossword)

frenchfrog
France

Trojan Horse (EclipseCrossword)

Hello, everyone!

Yesterday my antivirus detected a Trojan horse. The contaminated file was the one that installs the programme some of you may use to make crosswords: EclipseCrossword. So you may want to check the file (the extension of the file is .exe).

What I don �t understand is that I �ve had the programme for months and my antivirus detected the Trojan horse only yesterday! Confused

27 Oct 2009      

Zora
Canada

Hi there Frenchfrog Smile

If I am not mistaken, sometimes, a virus can stay hidden until a certain date when the programmer has coded it to become active. In other words, it stays inactive and it is seen as an inoffensive file/program by the anti-virus. That is why anti-virus need to be updated because until somebody finds/reports the virus/attack on their system, then the company can�t do anything to stop or detect it...

27 Oct 2009     

frenchfrog
France

How vicious!! LOL

27 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

And sneaky too! Wink

27 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Yes, cyberpals. You�re right. I �m surrounded by concrete & steel firewalls up to claustrophobia.

My computer is constantly warning me:  detected & killed. There! Another mosquito gone! LOL

27 Oct 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Wow!! Updating my antivirus!!

27 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi,
how do you check the program. I mean, do we have to scan it with the antivirus?

27 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Sam, this is how mine works. Whenever he detects one, he warns me: virus detected & rejected or & file cleaned.
However, yesterday, my computer wouldn �t let me download a wk from this site, at all. Virus! I don �t remember, neither the virus type, nor the wk I was trying to dowload from the recent contributions, that �s all I can say: there was some kind of virus on, yesterday.
Best regards,
ij

27 Oct 2009