Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hebrew    

Hebrew

savina noronha
India

Hebrew

Hi, this is a little unrelated to ESL, but all my friends from Iseal are here, so i thught this would be the best place to ask for help. i want to get �God is my Banner � or �Jehovah Nisssi � tattooed in Hebrew, but i dont know what the script should look like. tattoo sites and the internet only pull up Hebrew tattooes gone wrong! please help if you can. if you want to send it as a word doc, my add is [email protected].

thank you SO SO much

28 Oct 2009      

eng789
Israel

This would be the literal translation but it doesn �t really make sense in Hebrew.

אלוהים הוא כרזה שלי
You need to be careful because not everything is translatable.

Good luck.
Barbara

28 Oct 2009     

anatavner
Israel

It all depends exactly on what you want "banner" to mean. To translate it doesn �t sound good.
You might want to use (in Hebrew) the meaning " omnipotent" and in Hebrew it will be written:
"אלוהים הוא כל יכול". Or you can say God is the greatest "אלוהים הוא הגדול מכולם".

As Barbara said. Be carfare because in Hebrew it might sound weird or wrong. Check with us - Hebrew speakers before you tattoo something on your body!!!!!

Anat

28 Oct 2009     

gilorit
Israel

If you do not have Hebrew fonts - you cannot see the prints. Once you decide what to write you can send it to me and I can write it in Hebrew fonts and save it as a gif. and send it to you.
Orit

28 Oct 2009     

savina noronha
India

thanks so much you guys!

these are the links i had to go on

thank you SO much!Please let me know what to do:*

29 Oct 2009