Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > SOME POSITIVE ENERGY FOR US ALL    

SOME POSITIVE ENERGY FOR US ALL

anitarobi
Croatia

SOME POSITIVE ENERGY FOR US ALL

Dear fellow teachers!
Please, read this carefully if you really like this place.
It �s true I haven �t been here as often lately as I used to, but a good friend drew my attention to the bad mood people many have been in here for some time. As it always happens with good friends, they open our eyes to things we sometimes don �t want to see for ourselves. I simply couldn �t log out tonight without at least trying to spread some positive energy at this wonderful place, because I still remember how I felt this spring when I first joined and how much the positive atmosphere of this place made me want to be a better teacher and person. (I am not shutting my eyes before problems - those of you who know me, know I don �t, but they also know I always try to keep the balance. Changes will come - they always do.)
So in the spirit of friendship and sharing, and for the sake of our new members who appreciate everything this site offers, I ask each of you to share one single nice memory of a problem you or sb else had, asked for help here and got it, or at least a bad day you had which sb here made better. For me, it has happened countless times, and I cherish every single one. I remember when I was new and many of you helped me figure out some things, I remember when a colleague had a st she knew had a deadly illness and she asked for our advice on how to treat the kid in class and you were all so supportive, I remember some of you managing to meet in real life and share it with us, I remember sharing our high and low private and professional moments here, and even the sharing itself made the problems seem smaller. I remember this Sunday morning when nikadixon started a fantastic thread with riddles about ESL members which made us all feel so connected...
So, please, let �s inspire each other, as we used to do, by sharing the positive memories and thus creating some new ones!

Let �s make them count!
Good night!
Anita

28 Oct 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Have a good evening Anita. So far this week was a really great week with my students. I wish I could give a personal hug to everyone of them. They worked really well together. I �ve had so little class management to do that I felt I was really teaching instead of acting like a "policewoman".

Sylvie, I �m sending you positive vibes from across the ocean!

28 Oct 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

Good evening Anita,
What a nice post!
My students have been working really hard to prepare their end-of term exams and so have I.
Their  satisfying faces showing that they are making progress are the best present for me, they don �t study English only to get a good mark, they like what they are learning and love all ESL worksheets that the wonderful people in this site have made.
Let �s keep a friendly atmosphere here!!
Thanks for your post.
Ana Isabel.

Sylvie-Cheer up!!

Good night.Hug

28 Oct 2009     

crisholm
Spain

One thing that made a real difference with this website right from the start is that it counted on teacher �s contributions without any nagging, which made a great difference from previous websites based on the same formula of contribute and download. That is the really positive feeling of sharing it �s had right from the beginning, and that is what makes it so special and such a success. Well yes we know that are people who cheat and others who feel just a bit too righteous but on the whole,  the site has managed to keep and even improve the original spirit. May it be so for a long time!

29 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi my dear Anita

I am not sure what you are referring to, but it seems to me this is a time to fight for what we feel it is worth - so, always count me among your soldiers.
I fight for this site, and always will.
What can I remember and refer here???  ... so, but so many things.

First: so many of us consider each other as family member
Second: whenever any of us needs help, there is always a helping hand ( I know there is, because I have had many of them, so far )
Third: I have got a bunch of friends
fourth : All of you have made my daily work much easier.
Fifth : so many of you have taught me so many things
Sixth : you taught about unconditional friendship
7th - you taught me so many things about computers, word, photoshop ...etc, etc
8th - all of you have made many of my days
9th - When i �m down, I come here, in the forum or in the caf�
10th- my life has changed, and I am glad it changed, because of this community
11th - I can �t imagine my life without all of you
12 th - I want all of you to stay here, my life gets a great "bit" worthless, without you

Please, let �s try, just a little bit harder

Anita, a big hug
linda

29 Oct 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

When I joined this site my main idea was to get my hands on the AWESOME WS I saw and so I tried to collaborate with my own work, but everytime I entered the site, as I read the different posts and I began to participate I felt "at home"
I recommend this site to my colleagues because nowadays I rarely download WS but I keep up with the forum.
Today I got home really late and while cooking/talking to hubby/watching TV I read Sextstem has left us, it made me blue :(
Hope everything fixes

29 Oct 2009     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Sadly we can �t separate the wheat from the chaff on this website. But I have to say the OVERRIDING impression I have on this website is that members are helpful, kind, generous and funny. And Anita, well she �s just a big softie and Victor too.

Alas we can �t create a perfect world outside or here on ESLPRintables hard as we try. My advice is just concentrate on the people you like and ignore those who are well, just toxic!

Hugs

29 Oct 2009