Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Moderators    

Moderators

eng789
Israel

Moderators

Voting means hitting one of the buttons below.  It isn �t enough to just comment for or against.

I sometimes see a lot of against comments - more than 5 and the ws still sticks around for a long time.

Was a decision made as to how far back you can go when reporting wss that don �t follow the new rules?  I saw  flashcards reported that I remember Victor approved.

I �ve already started my weekend.  Wishing you all a good one.
Barbara

29 Oct 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Barbara =)

I do not know how many votes a worksheet needs to be removed, I know some sheets have around 10 comments but they stay there for a long time... 

And I also guess most of the moderators vote when they leave a comment, well, I do.

29 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Can I say something here?

You made it short & clear  enough. There are times to forget about  shortcuts: hit the road, Jack, no more, no more no more!!
(one no more would be enough... just to follow the tune & the rythm)
Congrats on decisions.

Edit: it�s been a pleasure to see you, too, dear Michaela. I�m responding with an edit to keep you showing on the screen.

29 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Victor,

I want to say thank you for the little change in moderator �s section. When I write and send a comment, it doesn �t jump on the beginning but returns back to where I was before sending the comment.
Sad that some people probably haven �t realized. As I know how busy you are I appreciate every little change (as this one:o))

Thanks, Michaela

@Hi, Idalina, nice to see you again. Hug

29 Oct 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Thanks for the info Michaela. I have to say I had stopped going on the reported page because I hated the page jump.
I �ll be back now and will participate again.

@Barb, enjoy your weekend. I envy you. I was sick most of last week and I �ve been trying to save all my energy for work. I would definitely take a longer weekend to crash and sleep.

29 Oct 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Hi dear friends! Thanks Michaela for spreading such good news and thanks Victor for spoiling us with your special treats.

Like many of you, I had stopped leaving comments on the reported contributions page because it was so timeconsuming with the page jumping back to the top after every single comment. Most of the time I voted without leaving any comment unless I thought it was really important to clarify some point.

Wish you all a nice day.
Hugs,  Hug
mena

29 Oct 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Mena, we miss your comments and your wisdom on the "reported contributions page", but it �s nice to know you are still around.

David

29 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

ladybird - kissy kissy - This forum is turning into a soap-opera. Wink

I did notice that the page doesn �t jump when after posting a comment - which is great - 
Thank you Victor  ( I want to get credit for it,  It was my suggestion - Thumbs Up)

But now I would like to be able to vote on all the wss at once like you can when you mark
e-mails for deletion.  And then hit the I agree or I disagree button once for all the wss you have checked.

Am I too demanding??  Approve

29 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Ladybird,  your system works by my idea is still much more time efficient.

29 Oct 2009